Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite Golf Course?

Florida Chatterbox Anthony Brook's Avatar
    To be honest Cobblehall is the only one I haven't played Garry. The 17th at Headlingley is rated as one of the best par 3's in England (by someone famous)so a good one to have an ace on. Only plays about 140yds but is index 7, I think (I get a shot on it anyway).

When we played Legends the other week they are doing deals to play Celebration cheap as they are now owned by the same company. Got talking to some lads on the tee who said don't bother it is in a mess! We did pass the course some days later and it did look very brown even at a distance. I pass the course every time I visit Florida and have never seen it looking so bad?

I have played Vale Do Lobo, Pinhal, San Lorenzo, Vila Sol, Vilamoura Victoria, Faldo Course, O'Connor course and a few others in Portugal but honestly Monte Rei is out of this world.
    When you have finished your round you are presented with a quality bag tag engraved with your name. I think it is about 170 euros for the pleasure though!!!

I don't play much Links golf but I do love it. In September we went up to Dumfries and played Powfoot, Southerness and then Silloth. Silloth is probably the second best links I have played behind Royal Lytham. I do like it around North Berwick too.

Diamondback is tough as you said Mark. Shot a 78 off the blue tees there but didn't hit a bad shot. I played with 2 Americans who weren't really golfers and just out for the fun. Wasn't too much fun as they lost nearly 40 balls between them!

Florida Savvy
    I got a bag tag when i played Bears Best in Vegas last year.
    Wat a great novety thing to do.

WIsh more courses would do it, especially when you pay so much for the top courses.
    Bears Best was about $160 but we were there when it was $2 to the £1 so was pretty cost effective for us.

Played Luana Hills in Oahu, Hawaii last november and that was more expensive but what a course.
    MY dad lost 24 balls in one round. was fairway or rainforst and not much inbetween!!

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Anthony Brook
    Diamondback is tough as you said Mark. Shot a 78 off the blue tees there but didn't hit a bad shot. I played with 2 Americans who weren't really golfers and just out for the fun. Wasn't too much fun as they lost nearly 40 balls between them![/quote]I liked Diamondback quite a bit and intend playing there again, there's so much choice though! Shot 81 from the blue with +5 on the last 4 holes, gutted. I've never played a Disney course, which is best?
    Regards, Mark

I haven't played any of the Disney courses either but they all like pretty good. I would like to have a bash on the Reunion courses but it seems like a closed shop.

I've played 2 Reunion courses the week after the LPGA event in 2006 and they were expensive. About $100 per person plus tax and you had to stay there.

Beer was expensive from the cart also but no tipping allowed to the cart girls.
    Regards, Mark

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Anthony Brook
    To be honest Cobblehall is the only one I haven't played Garry. The 17th at Headlingley is rated as one of the best par 3's in England (by someone famous)so a good one to have an ace on. Only plays about 140yds but is index 7, I think (I get a shot on it anyway).

I don't play much Links golf but I do love it. In September we went up to Dumfries and played Powfoot, Southerness and then Silloth. Silloth is probably the second best links I have played behind Royal Lytham. I do like it around North Berwick too.
    [/quote]

Can't remember the yardage but i do remember the sweet 8 iron off the bank to the left! A lot of years ago now though. One thing i do remember is expecting to empty my wallet at the bar for everyone after and finding out that the corporate day had a free bar! bonus!!

What a wonderful area dumfries is and Powfoot a dream to play. The green on the 9th is one to remember. Love the course. We stayed in the Powfoot Hotel and our room overlooked the 9th green. We then moved along the coast and stayed in Port Patrick. Played Southerness when it was in the top 100, didn't rate it, a bit boring although played well. Played 'dunsky' (portpatrick) which was ok then Stranraer which is one of the best courses i have ever played, loved it. Port Patrick is a great village to have as a base, especially The Waterfront Hotel.

I must admit that when we played Celebration last October they had just hollow tined and scarified the fairways, they looked horrendous but played ok. We got a good rate because of it and it didn't spoil our day but i expect that is the case again this year as it's around the same time.

I will hopefully play highlands Reserve in February as we're staying there.
    Garry Pullan

Florida Savvy
    anthony,

i have played the disney courses except osprey ridge.
    Of all of them my favourite is the Palm.
    but they are all good in their own right. All pretty challenging. Lake Buena Vista has a good island hole

Depending on when you go, there are tournaments on The Magnolia and Palm. We go in November and that is just after a tournament the funai classic. we playd the magnolia a few dyas after it had fnished, and i have even more respect for the pros, the greens was soo fast, and nearly impossible to stop on unless the ball came down vertical and the rough was unbelievable.

Osprey Ridge is a decent course as are Falcons fire and Metro West. My favourite is Remington more for the welcoming clubhouse and members and staff rather than the course which is tight between houses. A few roofs were hit as i am a boomer off the tee and if slightly offline you can forget it. The rate was excellent and included breakfast and lunch if you wanted them . A better, more welcoming golf club you wont find.

I would now add Southern Dunes to the list, now I know to keep out of the sand !!! Only thing putting (no pun) off Southern Dunes is the cost compared to some others but, great course. Also, Royal St Cloud was impressive earlier this year and cheap.
    Regards, Mark

Well to carry this on I am trying to organise a golfing trip with "the boys" and have narrowed it down to either Majorca or Florida. Both have their ups and downs.
    Looking at playing 5 times and already have Southern Dunes and Diamondback down but was looking for 3 more. Looking more top end and not just cheap as Diamondback is about as cheap as it comes and have a budget of around $250 for the golf which in September goes a fair way.
    Was thinking of playing Championsgate but I played the International in June and wasn't overly impressed. Supposed to be a "links" style course but apart from the fact there are no trees it is nothing like. Was thinking of Falcons Fire and maybe Crooked Cat or Panther Lakes. Anybody played any of these?