Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: August bargain flights

Florida Savvy

August bargain flights

We have just booked for August, 2010 with American Airlines for £1555 for 4 adults, which is only £388 each.

Nonstop from Heathrow to Miami on the way out, and 2 hour stop in Boston on the way back.

Great price, we thought!

Debbie

Sounds brilliant, Debbie. Bet you can't wait! [msncool]
    ellie

Gold 5 Star Member
    That's a very good fare and demonstrates the benefits of real competition on a route. Miami flights are consistently much cheaper than flying into Orlando even on the same airline. I'll bet you saved around £100 each doing that.

Just as an aside, I assume you're flying from Boston overnight on the return. Over the past couple of years, I've used AA's Boston-Heathrow day flight which is the shortest transatlantic route currently available, arriving in London around 8.00 pm (it always seems to arrive early) and a great way to reduce jet lag. Overall, a much nicer experience than a night flight. You have to stay overnight in Boston of course but it's a great place for a nice meal and a break of the journey on the way home.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:AA's Boston-Heathrow day flight which is the shortest transatlantic route currently available, arriving in London around 8.00 pm (it always seems to arrive early) and a great way to reduce jet lag. [/quote]

I agree we have flown using the day flight quite a few times and one returns with little or no jet lag.

The 8am from JFK is a short flight too as with Boston.

Lynne

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katys Grandad
    That's a very good fare and demonstrates the benefits of real competition on a route. Miami flights are consistently much cheaper than flying into Orlando even on the same airline. I'll bet you saved around £100 each doing that.

Just as an aside, I assume you're flying from Boston overnight on the return. Over the past couple of years, I've used AA's Boston-Heathrow day flight which is the shortest transatlantic route currently available, arriving in London around 8.00 pm (it always seems to arrive early) and a great way to reduce jet lag. Overall, a much nicer experience than a night flight. You have to stay overnight in Boston of course but it's a great place for a nice meal and a break of the journey on the way home.
    [/quote]

our daughter and her boyfriend both prefer this option when they come from Boston, they find it much nicer not having the overnight flight. Suits hubby too especially if she arrives late on a Sunday evening because although the journey to Heathrow is more of a pain than Gatwick from here on a Sundya evening the traffic is very light and its a good run.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    If anybody is considering the day flight option, AA do day flights from Boston, New York & Chicago. BA do Boston & New York. There may be others that I'm not aware of.

I've done all the AA flights and Boston is my preferred option because it's the shortest and you can get in before 8 o'clock sometimes. The Chicago flight gets in around 10.30 pm and is a much longer flight although still better in my book than the equivalent night flights.