Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: visa waiver card

Florida Chatterbox

visa waiver card

Hi Folks

Not been on for a while , I only have 36 days to go before my next visit, on checking our passports today I found that the green visa waiver stubs are still stapled in our passports from our last visit in July .
    I think I have seen an address on here that I have to send these cards back to, can anyone help with this address.

Thanks

Here is the information which I found 0n US embassy in London web site also gives address where to send as you [u]do not </u> send the I-94 to USA Embassy in London has to be sent to USA Address ,also will tell you what you need to enclose with the I.94 as proof of your return to UK
    http://london.usembassy.gov/dhs/cbp/i94.html May be an idea to photo copy what you send and to make sure the get it also maybe worth sending via Air Sure as you get a reciept this way as proof of postage.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by dsv77
    Hi Folks

Not been on for a while , I only have 36 days to go before my next visit, on checking our passports today I found that the green visa waiver stubs are still stapled in our passports from our last visit in July .
    I think I have seen an address on here that I have to send these cards back to, can anyone help with this address.

Thanks
    [/quote]

With just 36 days to go, I think I would just take them back with me and just explain you just found them when you got your passports out. If you do have your ticket stubs or boarding card from when you left last time, I would take those too
    Shirley

Gold 5 Star Member
    I've flown transatlantic a lot over recent years and had the same experience around 5 or 6 times. I'm not saying for sure that you don't need to be concerned but I've never had the slightest problem and don't even mention it when I enter.

If you feel happier sending them back then that's probably what you should do but, given the numbers flying to and from the US every day, I'm sure it's a very frequent occurrence and not that big a deal to the Immigration officers.

Gold 5 Star Member
    If you do decide to send them back, I would take a photccopy first (and send it recorded given the postal delays at present) and then if there are any problems when you get there you can at least prove that you did send them back. I don't think it is as much of an issue as it used to be as that was the only way the US border control would have known youu had left the country, now with your passport being swiped and computerised logs it is much easier to prove that youu exited when you were supposed to on your last trip.

You can show that you have tried to follow the rules, but it isn't your fault that somebody didn't do what they were supposed to last time you left.
    Babblin Boo

As it states on the Embassy web site should send the part of the I-94 back. if it was me I would not want to chance going all that way and find out when I arrive that there will be a problem. To be on the safe side I would follow the rules and return the copy left in passport. As I said in my earlier reply do copies of what you send and send via Air Sure, you have a tracking number as reference and proof of posting and would be received in USA within 5 to 7 days.

To be ultra safe, why not use Fedex overnight service as time is so short ?
    Chris & Peter

As we entered the USA last April, the immigration officer found in my eldest son's passport the green stub from his trip to New York last December. According to that immigration officer, it should be the airline that is chastised for not removing the stub as you boarded the plane outbound from the USA. He didn't attach any blame to my son.

Personally I would throw it away!
    Dave.

It happened to me at least one time I recall, and my husband says twice. But we never had trouble going back, nobody mentioned it. I actually had forgotten all about it . But if you feel more comfortable sending it, I'm with Sunlover on that, I'd Fedex it (and make copies, of course).
    I guess that's one reason for the ESTA online: they lose so many green stubs they can't keep track of who's come and gone !

A bit late for this specific post perhaps, but I just came across this in the CBP FAQ which might be of future use for people in a similar situation.

Basically it states that if you left the USA, and then find the I-94W stubs still in your passport, as long as you departed via commercial air or sea carrier, there is no need to do anything.

https://help.cbp.gov/cgi-bin/customs.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=752&p_created=1077641280&p_sid =JIdmApQj&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_srch=1&p _lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J 0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9NzEsNzEmcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPSZwX 3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3BhZ2U9MSZwX3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PWRlcGF ydHVyZSBjYW5hZGE!&p_li=&p_topview=1
    Keith