Julie, in answer to your questions, I suspect that you will be covered by health insurance by your sponsoring hospital or medical facility where you will be working. I would make sure you have a clear understanding from any agency you are working with to place you in the US exactly how health insurance coverage would work. A co-pay is the amount you must pay out of pocket in addition to the sum charged to your medical insurer for medical services. The premium can vary dramatically and can be influenced by pre-existing conditions, whether you or your husband are smokers etc and so on. Again, make sure this is topic at the top of your list for discussion with the agency.

I assume you will be going to the US on an HC1. Is that correct? I don't know what the restrictions are on spousal employment. Again talk with your agency. Some of the other more knowledgeable members on here may be able to comment. Employees are on an at will employment basis in the US. That means you can be fired for any reason, without severance, as long as it's not an illegal reason (ie race, ethnicity, religion etc). US employers generally do not have to offer "family friendly shifts". My advice is to find out if your husband is lawfully entitled to work and if so, look for a part time job in the US.

Be aware, however, that there is a very high unemployment rate now in Florida - in excess of 11 percent. So your husband may have to search for part time work since US citizens are taking any job they can get now.

I would not recommend a "work from home" scheme. There are quite a few of them in Florida and most seem to be some sort of scam to solicit an initial payment of money to set you up in business and then nothing happens.

Dr. Phillips still has many foreclosed homes for sale so you can pick and choose among them. The elementary schools in that area have a good reputation so for children of 4 I would concur in relocating in that area.