Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Park Hours , Enough Time??

Florida Savvy

Park Hours , Enough Time??

Am going to Orlando 1st 2 weeks Oct 2010, a friend has just returned and brought me back some maps/park guides etc, I was wondering if you could still comfortably DO a park in 1 day given the opening times of the likes of universal i.e 1100 - 1800 on some days, we are a family so would be doing most of the rides/attractions[msnscared]
    Ian Mcc

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Ian

As the first 2 weeks in October do not coincide with school holidays, th eparks are relatively quite and queue times very short. A friend of ours returned during half term and said the longest queue at any theme park was 15 minutes, this included rides like Manat which have only recently opened and had queue times of 2 hours in August.
    We actually managed Magic Kingdom in 6 hours on the very last week in august as crowds start to drop so I think you will be allright with 1 park a day.
    Christine

Florida Expert
    don't forget to build in a bit of relaxation time too!!!
    Swimming in your pool is lovely relaxation!!
    Dawn

Florida Junior
    We just got back and were there from 26/10 to 3/11. We didn't queue for anything. Walked straight onto the front row of Kraken at Sea World. In fact, when we were at Islands of Adventure we'd been on everything by 2pm, and some rides like Spiderman twice. Previously, I've been during the months of May, July, August and September and have to say October, along with May are probably my favourite months. The parks are much nicer then.

Florida Savvy
    Thanks for the feed-back guys, you have put my mind at rest, have had a lot of good comments re:Oct being a good month to visit, just as a matter of interest around what time ime does it get dark in early Oct
    Ian Mcc

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    We were there from 3rd to 23rd October this year and it got dark about 7pm from what I remember
    Lyn

Florida Expert
    Starts to get dark at 6.45 and pitch black by 7.15

We have just returned after visiting first 2 weeks of Nov. Kids did both Universal Parks in one day.

The daylight is of little consequence if visiting the parks (except AK)it only becomes important if you are sun worshipping [8D]

Oct is a great time to visit!

Liz