Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Florida ?

Florida Expert
    Hard to put your finger on what it is but just the whole package for us.
    We do enjoy visiting other places but feel 'at home' in Florida, the shopping, weather and value for money are part of it but maybe it just brings out the kid in us all even if you are not just visiting parks.
    Really want to visit more of US and kids want to go and work there!!

Well here we are for the third time this year, not been anywhere near Disney but there are lots of other places to visit, went down to Lake Eola park this morning and had a walk round the lake.
    This trip we have also had five nights in Las Vegas, booked it locally through a US travel company and had a great deal.
    Las Vegas we have never been before and must say glad I have seen it but personally would not want to go again. My highlight was a visit to the Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon just brilliant.
    Just love Florida and personally would not want to go anywhere else, feel we still get good value for our money.

Val

I well remember the first time we ever visited Florida, in 1990. I sat on the plane thinking OMG what am I doing, I will hate it!! We usually went to Europe and in particularl Austria and Switzerland. Well I loved it right from the start and we have been going ever since and even bought our home there in 1994. We do still go to Europe and have been to many other places in the world, South Africa, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, etc. etc. but Florida still tops it for us. We also use it as a base to visit other parts of the US. I don't think we will ever get bored with Florida.

Andrena

Gold 5 Star Member
    We go back because we have a house there more than anything and winter part of the year where its warmer..it a great place for kids..we took our kids there every Christmas when we lived in the UK...but after a trip across the US we started to want to go to different places..so we made up our minds to take my Grandson to Yellowstone little big horn Mount Rushmore Devils tower etc before he starts real school..and not to the parks..
    I don't get bored with Universal..but we don't do Disney anymore unless family come over and they pay...[}]

People come back to the Cape where I live every year and have done for years and years...I have no idea why so its not just the parks that draw a person to the same place..I meet ladies in FL retired from the North who when they find out where I lived ask about hotels and breakfast places..and they are shocked the places are still here..but nothing changes around here maybe that's what people like about anywhere..

Florida Newbie
    Hi Wendy, my family and I just love Florida, we visit every Christmas, my wife and I have been coming since 1990, my girls 6 and 11 just adore spending xmas in Orlando, we never get bored, there is always plenty of things to do, parks, love shopping (well the girls love shopping[msnwink]) eating out and meeting great people, sure we have visited some wonderful places but there is something special about Florida, we always get asked the question why do you keep going back, for us its just getting to our Villa after a long flight, jump in the pool, nice glass of wine and chill, then wake up around 3am (sorry I'll
    rephrase that) get woken up by 2 rather excited daughters and that's when all the fun starts!! Priceless, can't wait to get back on the 9th Dec to spend christmas and New Year in the fun capital of the world [cheers]
    Mark

Florida Savvy
    I feel very much like Peddersgang. We love Orlando - WDW at xmas time.

Florida Chatterbox
    Ok, Florida for me and my family, represents good value for money and you know that you can have a good time if you choose to. We are a family of 6, and when we travel to europe we, spend more or less the same money a we do going to florida. With europe, the weather is ok but not great, the food is more or less what you get with the uk and the cost also, can be high. In europe, with the holidays, you mostly do the hotels and the beach and thats for two weeks, whereas in florida, there is so much to do, from down south to up north, and you can do something different every day,and what can i say about the villas compared to europe.

So florida for me, and as a family we are currently looking at our options of moving there.

Florida Junior
    I've been 3 times over the past 20 years but would have have went back annually if I was financially well off enough to do so.

Having been intrigued with America as a teenager the first time was like me living my dream...

The places, the people, the accents, the brown grocery bags you get from the 7-11, The people saying "have a nice day!" everywhere. Yeah, sure the parks were cool but it was the whole atmosphere which sold me. it's difficult to describe until you have actually experienced it.

I went a 2nd time on a big family holiday when I was about 27. I had pretty much my whole immediate family, wife and 2yr old son with me. This time is was all about spending 2 weeks in a wondeful place surrounded by all the people who are close to me. I'm sure we would have had a fantastic time if we had went anywhere in the world by again, that Orlando "aura" made it even more special.

I went a third time with my wife and 2 kids in June this year. We have been on a bunch of European holidays over the last few years but saved up like mad to go back to Florida this year. This time it was all about the kids, the parks, the luxury villa. Even in the 3 times I've been we only scratched the surface of what Florida has to offer. Yeah it's Disney, theme parks etc etc but it's also a beautiful state, with great weather and extremely nice and friendly people.

If I listened to my heart I would pack up and move over there tomorrow without hesitation. Unfortunately, I know it's not quite as simple as that so will just have to wait until we can rustle up the cash to go over there on vacation again. I'd even go out there if we didn't have the kids and probably wouldn't bother much with the them parks but would still go ahead of any other holiday destination in the world.

I know people who haven't been to Florida and knock it for various reasons but I don't know anyone who has been and returned saying they didn't thoroughly enjoy it. As they say... don't knock it til you've tried it!

Florida Newbie
    We first went to Florida for my SIL'S wedding having never considered it beforehand - just seemed like too much hassle. It was a first for a few of us back then (1998) and we all instantly fell in love. We were totally sucked in by everything! I enjoy the weather, the food, the laid back atmos and the fact that there is so much choice. Its very comfortable being there.

The main thing for us though esp now having a child and yes know how corny this sounds, but there is something about being in Orlando and around the parks especially that just gives you that sense of excitement and anticipation and knowing that you are going to have a great, great holiday. Never landed there yet and not had that feeling.

My sister was never interested in going to Florida. Not interested in the theme parks, going on a really commercial holiday etc but convinced her to join us for a week a couple of years ago. Well, guess who is now joining us in 2 weeks for our first Christmas there. Got it in one!!![msnsmile2]

We've been going a regular basis since 98 and I cannot see us ever being bored.

Florida Savvy
    I like Florida. Have been 3 times this year.

I do like new places, but I have also been to france every summer for 17 years or so. We stay the same place (our gite) eat mainly the same places, go to mainly the same beaches.

My kids like it, it gives them memories and stability. Same w/ florida esp now we have our own place there.

Probably means we will cut down or eliminate new places for a time, esp if we keep the place in france. but that is OK, because both france and the US share something. They are large coutnries where you can get in your car and drive if you like and find someplace new.