Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Character Breakfasts

Florida Newbie

Character Breakfasts

Is there any way of booking these before you travel? Last Feb we were in Magic Kingdom on our first full day and tried to book a breakfast. All were fully booked for the entire fortnight and the best they could offer was ringing individual locations daily to ask about cancellations. I can't find anywhere on the WDW website where you can book these in advance of travel. Any ideas?

Thanks

[msnsad]

We had this problem one year and it ended up that the only place they could fit us in was at the Polynesean resort on our very last day. If you read some other threads on the forum I think you can book ahead (but don't quote me on that). Wish we had known this at the time but it was 6 years ago.
    Wendy

Gold 5 Star Member
    You can make advanced dining reservations or ADR's as they are known for most of the Disney restaurants on-line via the Disney website. Some up to 90 or even 180 days in advance.
    The Mickey & friends breakfast at the Contemporary is great fun.

Enjoy!
    Lynne

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx[/url]

Most of the Disney Park Restaurants are now available to book 90 Days in advance. It did use to be 180 days but for some reason they decided to reduce.

Florida Newbie
    Thanks for that - we'll give that a go (next July)

Gold 5 Star Member
    The 180 day rule should have started a few days ago but there seems to be a few problems. Everything should be ok by the time you need to book your ADR's Ben

Lynne

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx[/url]

Florida Newbie
    Thanks a lot everyone. I've been on the WDW site again and have a phone number for reservations. I'll try that nearer the time. Mickey and friends at the Contemporary Resort looks the best bet. We've done Winnie/Tigger /Alice @ The Grand Floridian. We've done Disney Princesses in 'Norway' @ Epcot, and Lilo /Stitch/Mickey/Pluto @ The Polynesian Resort. All great fun

Florida Chatterbox
    Booked Chef Mickeys breakfast last week for a date in February which is out of the 90 day range (think it was about 106 days).

Booked it with no problems (apart from being on hold to USA for 35 minutes on my company mobile....sssshhhhhh!!)
    Garry Pullan

Florida Savvy
    Chef Mickey's is a favourite of ours, although I have to say I prefer the dinner to the breakfast. Same characters, etc, but food much better and mini-desserts to die for!

I always had my 90-day marker in my diary and would start calling when the lines opened at 7am Florida time as we needed an early reservation due to having young kids. I sometimes found that all they could offer me was a much later time and have now discovered the reason for this. At the beginning of the call they ask if you are staying at a WDW resort hotel. If you are, you effectively have priority as WDW guests can call 90 days in advance of their arrival date and make dining reservations for the whole duration of their stay, thereby getting a head start on the rest of us who can only call 90 days ahead of the date we want to dine. This would also explain why I could not get a reservation at all for Xmas Day even though I called bang on 7am on the first day possible!

But all is not lost. Do pester them daily once you are in Orlando just in case there have been cancellations. You might get lucky. On our last visit, we had made a few reservations which we decided not to use. We were considerate enough to call to cancel and the operator was really appreciative and said they would have no shortage of takers and that we would have made someone's day. It could be you!!

Sandra