Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Travelers Cheque's can no longer be used!

Florida Chatterbox
    We did the same in July!

Driving back from the Grand Canyon to Las Vegas we went through the Navajo region and Zion National Park Utah. Stopped off at the side of the road, had a bite to eat in a shack (paid by AMEX)then went to a picnic table containing handmade jewellery. Paid by Visa!

It was the strangest thing i've ever seen, this little Navajo tribe fella producing his credit card reader!!
    Garry Pullan

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katys Grandad

(Where are you going exactly?)
    [/quote]

Flagstaff. We'll probably land in Vegas, as I want DH and the kids to see Zion and Bryce, and then drive down to Flagstaff. Plus the kids want to see Las vegas, they're big fans of CSI [msnwink].

I'm glad to hear we'll have many opportunities to buy Native jewelry for our friends. I'm more into pottery, but it's harder to bring back, although I've done it a couple of times.

We're definitely off the original topic now .

Florida Expert
    We used a combination of mostly AMEX TC's, Cash and Credit Card.

Had no problems at all with the TC's and was never ever asked for ID.

I never take TC's to Europe anymore but always take them to the US.

I find i can budget a bit better if i have the cheques/cash rather than than Credit card all of them time as it is way to easy to forget how much you've spent and let the CC run away with you.

Gold 5 Star Member
    We have been using traveler checks for the past 6 years and never once had a problem with them. Only very occasionally do we get asked for id but we do not have problem with this as i always carry my driving license with me. We have used them in Walmart, many restaurants, hotels, airports etc.
    Everybody has their own preference which is best for them and for us we take a mixture of cards, money and TC's.
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx