Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Travelers Cheque's can no longer be used!

Florida Newbie

Travelers Cheque's can no longer be used!

Travelers Cheque's can no longer be used! [8] According to Simon Vaness in his guide to Orlando Book page 47.[xx(] @ Wal-mart centres. Just thought people would like to know this as we have several Travelers Cheque's already purchased for our Florida Holiday next Year.[V]

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    We've never used them-think they're a throwback to an earlier time

Florida Expert
    We used them ok this year in Publix

wrpac00
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cowgirl
    Travelers Cheque's can no longer be used! [8] According to Simon Vaness in his guide to Orlando Book page 47.[xx(] @ Wal-mart centres. Just thought people would like to know this as we have several Travelers Cheque's already purchased for our Florida Holiday next Year.[V]
    [/quote]

Thats not entirely correct. They only accept American Express TC's.

We used AMEX TC's this summer and didn't encounter much trouble. Golden Corral doesn't accept any form of checks, neither do some Starbucks places, and Walmart wouldn't take them on sundays, for some computer communication glitch they have. Some places the attendants / waitresses wouldn't know if they could accept it, but all it took was a quick call to the manager.

I just ordered some more for next year trip, to take advantage of the very advantageous rate we're having these days ($1.43 for 1€). We consider they're safer than carrying a lot of cash, and our bank charges way too much when we use my CC abroad.

Florida Chatterbox
    We have not been using TC's on this trip, but have noticed quite a few shops/restaurants have notices on their doors advising that they no longer accept them.
    Karen

Florida Expert
    I am in Florida at the moment and have had no problem at all anywhere using TC's. Walmart do accept them on a Sunday, as that was our first port of call after we arrived last Saturday. In fact they accepted a $500 cheque, which I didn't think they would. I had taken my passport with me just in case as it was for a big amount. But they never asked for any ID. Nor has any other store. As I love to shop I have used them in most stores I have been in, so most shops are still accepting them. [msnsmile2]

Florida Expert
    I always take American Express Travellers Cheques and have never had a problem using them, but I always have a least 1 credit card with me as well so if someone did refuse to accept them I can then use my c/card.

Michelle

We now use the a US Dollar Prepaid Visa Electron Card for trips to the USA, widely accepted and meant to be taking over from the Travellers Cheque.

Never had one problem using it and no huge Credit Card bills on your return to the UK

Florida Junior
    just back from florida and let me tell you,!!!did we shop!!!!![msnwink] we used tc everywhere from walmart, publix, all eating places,florida mall, orlando premium, prime outlets,starbucks at all outlets and universal (no tc over £50), jet sking, segways, sea screamer at clearwater, bike hire, big cat rescue, they even cashed a $100 tc at epcot for one mickey premium ice-cream at $3.25!!! all with no problems at all[clap]