Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google street view is available for US / IOA & CW

Florida Chatterbox

Google street view is available for US / IOA & CW

Just noticed that if you use google maps and zoom into on of the above locations then switch to street view you can do a walk through as though you are really there.

It includes Rip Ride Rocket (but not open) so it must be quite recent.

Also the auto face blurring is not 100% so you just might see yourself !!!

Gold 5 Star Member
    I must admit, perhaps I' a bit paranoid but I won't use and support what I see to be a gross invasion of privacy. Big brother may have come a bit late but I for one don't want to be on camera 24/7 wherever I go. not that I have anything to hide but just don't feel the need for it.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    Am I right in thinking that it isn't a 'live' shot? I have seen them and while they're interesting I don't find them to have much practical use for finding somewhere.

I also believe that you can ask for your image to be removed from the picture (on the remote chance you're in it) can't you?

How is it an invasion of privacy? If it were live, fair enough. I use a lot when programming sat navs for address we cannot find.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
    I must admit, perhaps I' a bit paranoid but I won't use and support what I see to be a gross invasion of privacy. Big brother may have come a bit late but I for one don't want to be on camera 24/7 wherever I go. not that I have anything to hide but just don't feel the need for it.
    [/quote]

Florida Chatterbox
    Oh dear, I did not want to open this can of worms!
    Only point out that you can perhaps re-live your visit and maybe get a wee bit excited about it all.

It's better than looking through brochures from the travel agents. (your image just might be in there too, enjoying yourself)

Sorry.

Its no can of worms, just interested in the answer. I was having this discussion with my mother in law who thought it was awful. Speaking to her she was under the impression folks could zoom in live on her house!!

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by DLB-GOUROCK
    Oh dear, I did not want to open this can of worms!
    Only point out that you can perhaps re-live your visit and maybe get a wee bit excited about it all.

It's better than looking through brochures from the travel agents. (your image just might be in there too, enjoying yourself)

Sorry.
    [/quote]

Florida Chatterbox
    No it's not live. It's a snapshot which ages with time.
    In Universal Studios you can see the hoarding is still up around Rip Ride Rocket so the pass was earlier in the year some months ago.
    As Katys Grandad says you can request to have an image removed if you are so concerned about personal security.

I think that the horse has bolted about been seen on camera especially in city centres and the numerous web cams around the world.

If we behave ourselves then they are to our advantage and protection. How many times have you seen at a store entrance "CCTV is used in this store to protect our staff and customers".

Anyway I was really pushing the enjoyment factor about seeing inside the parks and rekindling memories.

Gold 5 Star Member
    They are "live" at some stage and if you happen to be in that place at that time will get captured. I'm pretty sure it isn't worth going through all the shots to find out but I jsut feel there's enogh ways to find out info about places without webcams everywhere. Half of the fun of holidays is exploring.

I tend to use my pics and videos to recapture themagic or just go on the websites themselves for updates.
    Babblin Boo

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Absolutely. I've just had a quick play with it and really enjoyed 'walking' around the parks concerned as we've not been to them for a while [msnsmile].

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by DLB-GOUROCK
    Anyway I was really pushing the enjoyment factor about seeing inside the parks and rekindling memories.
    .[/quote]

I love the feature where you can 'walk' at street level and see things - it can be a terrible time stealer though as it's so addictive [msnwink]
    Caroline & Dave