Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Process of Developing our Florida Holiday

The Process of Developing our Florida Holiday

I am only writing this to show how the process works, logically and methodically, for an insight for others who are considering going for the first time.

We are four adults, a brother and sister and two spouses in our 50’s and 60’s, two of which are disabled.

We’ve decided to go to Florida for a four week holiday this time instead of the normal two weeks.

We’ve been to Florida most years over the last 16 years, sometimes twice in a year.

We’ve stayed all over, always in a villa but also the odd night or two in Motel type places.

As we sort out, arrange and book our holiday we will share with you the details.

First off we decided when we want to go, this time we are choosing the month of May.

We go for sorting the accommodation first.

We trawl through the websites for villas for availability and look at any villa pictures, especially the pool area; which way it’s facing, how long it is, if it’s shaded by a lanai or alcove (the last villa was great in these aspects, facing south for all-day sunshine, shaded with an alcove and my wife could do twelve strokes of free-style from end to end).

Next we look at the furnishings and fittings; if they’re dated or signs of ware and tear (which is why we are not going back to the last villa) and if there’s a connection for the internet.

We’ve picked out five that fit the bill, so far, and got in touch with each of them.

One was in the process of selling up and was taking no further bookings. One other is fully booked for the time we want. One’s not been in touch yet and we’ve had two quotes which we are mulling over. One of the quotes was really reasonably priced but we’ve just noticed that it doesn’t say which way the pool is facing. We’ll email them for that info.

Meanwhile we are still trawling the web.

Thanks for posting your thoughts and plans, it's not only useful for newbies but also for us owners as it may help us to improve the service we give to our guests[msnsmile]
    Caroline & Dave

Gold 5 Star Member
    welcome and it's good to have a list of what you want and what you are looking at. Hope you find a villa that matches all your requirements
    Jan&Steve

Nice to hear you are trawling the web,and enjoying the excitement of booking your holiday, but have you put in a request on this site? I know Villasflorida hasn't had one, because I meet all your criteria, and there are many others who do too?

Thank you, your posting is interesting, gives owners an insight to how guests decide upon their chosen home.
    Keep looking I realise it can be a long drawn out procedure but if the end result is a home you love and enjoy. Then it will be a well worth exercise[msnsmile2]
    Barbara

You have be look at what you want and what you can afford and not to expect everything as life is not like that .
    But on here the villas as you see them are what you get and people try and put pictures that are up to date and a true description as we are all proud of our villas and they are all private homes so as we all like to stay in them as well ,we spent lots of time keeping them as new as possible
    Good luck in your next villa and enjoy you vacation next time
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Barry - what a brilliant idea for a thread. I can't remember ever having seen anything like this done before. I'm sure that all the info that appears here will be very useful to anyone who is thinking of putting their own trip together for the first time.

If you ever want the owner's perspective on what happens from our end or if you are curious why certain things seem to be done a certain way, by all means ask and I'm sure we'll all do our best to tell you everything you could ever want to know.

Have fun with the planning [msnsmile2]
    Steve

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    i think that this is a great idea for a thread as well-can i ask why you didn't secure flights first? not axe grinding but there are 17 of us going and i am arranging-i was going to go for the flights first-anybody have any thoughts?

I would say with 17 people you will probably have some people in your party who cannot be flexible with dates. I would checkout flight prices to see if it is a lot cheaper for mid week dates. If all your party can be flexible by a day or two, I would then make a short list of villas that are available within your time scale, assuming of course you will need at least two. If you can't be flexible for the best prices, then you may as well book the flights first
    Shirley

Florida Chatterbox
    I would say flights first everytime!

There may only be 2 options for flights on your chosen date but 20 villas, 100 cars and millions of park tickets.

The flights are the single most important aspect to get nailed down first in my opinion (and most expensive) (and best booked early most of the time).

We have only been once which was last year and have booked again for next Feb. I have done the same both times

Flights, villa, car, park tickets. Works for us.
    Garry Pullan