Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: disabled badges

disabled badges

I don't know if this has been discussed at all, but I know that u.k. disabled visitors can no longer use their blue badges. However for the last couple of years we have taken our blue badge and passport to the local tax office located on I27 we paid $15 and got a temporary badge which you can hang on your drivers mirror. Hope this is helpful for anyone from u.k. who is disabled.

We always sort ours out once we arrive.

The documents you will need are the original blue badge and your passport.

Travelling south towards Haines City on Highway 27 and near Southern Dunes Estate you come to the Haines City Wal-Mart on the left.

At that intersection turn right into Hammock Lake Boulevard and towards the back of the lot turn right again onto a strip mall, and half way along is the Tax Office.

If the disabled person is not the designated driver then the designated driver has to go in too.

It’s a bit like our Post Offices. You have to queue at a post and wait till you’re called to a desk by a clerk.

Produce the documents and money and you are given a temporary disabled card (a bit like a ‘No milk Today’ card) with a hook at one end that you put over the central rear-view mirror.

This should only be done once you have parked. It is illegal to drive around with it still on your rear-view mirror.

Florida Chatterbox
    we also do this...same haines city office.. very helpful staff..makes parking so much easier..doest take long..Gwen

Florida Newbie
    Just joined the site the other day and was looking at lots of posts in different subjects.

Just thought I would update this thread, seems on pages 8 & 9 of this link you can just use your blue badge now, no need to get a special permit.

[edited out]

Happy holiday.
    chez

i used my blue one last may with no problems
    Liesa