Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Choosing the villa...suggestions please

Florida Expert

Choosing the villa...suggestions please

We are trying to convince my son that yes he does want to go back to florida, he seems to think he's done it too many times[msnscared]...we've stayed in a number of villas in a variety of locations. Can anybody help with suggestions on a community or something that just offers that tiny bit of difference. He's a teenager who is in to the normal teenage things but he hates the long flight and has medical difficulties.

Thanks

Gold 5 Star Member
    Have you stayed in any that have community facilities such as tennis and basketball. They are a good way to make friends and have company without having the responsibility of taking a friend with him (although is that an option?) Often they are a mix of resident and holiday makers so can often befriend a local.

There are so many new things coming online all the time. Does he like Harry Potter? Theres the new park opening next Spring, he can be one of the first to experience that, or skateboarding on Int Drive. Or how about promising an upgrade on the plane so it's more enjoyable.

Once you've convinced him to go then I'm sure he'll soon be picking what places would suit eagerly to make sure you get it right
    Perhaps if you can give an idea of places you've stayed before then we'll know what sort of differences we're looking for. It may not be the community that has the difference but a particular feature in a villa that sways it.
    Babblin Boo

Teenagers can be a problem when going on holiday. They are at that in between stage not old enough to go on holiday with their friends, yet it's not cool to go with their parents.

I agree with Babblin Boo a community with communal facilities could be the answer, one with a clubhouse that stage events during the week,or a fitness centre it’s a sure way of meeting up with other teenagers from all over the world . [msnsmile2]
    Barbara

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    This is only slightly tongue in cheek but is calling his bluff an option-Is there a friend or family member who he could stay with-then you and your husband go and have a ball-Orlando has a completely different feel when its just adults

We have a similar discussion every year. It's not that they don't like it or enjoy it when they're there, they just don't like being separated from their friends and they'll turn their noses up at anything these days.

Each year I ask them to tell me where they would prefer to go and they can never come up with anything. We did Rome and Ireland this summer, but we're still going to Florida for Christmas, because, having now tried an alternative, they missed it.

I would suggest asking him to bring one of his friends along, preferably someone who has never been to Florida before. If you're taking a villa there should be plenty of space and they can sulk together in another room, rather than constantly in your face.

You can just take them to the various parks and leave them there for the day. It's much less stressful all round and your son will probably find he enjoys showing his friend around. I also find that if you tske them to Hooters for an hour or so they're strangely quiet for the rest of the evening.
    Tonish

I would also suggest a friend. It's the only way ours would come with us this summer, but we had a great time.
    Shirley

I agree, bringing a friend has resolved any issues our daughters used to have about being away from home. Also if they are used to constant facebook contact etc. make sure you select a villa that is teenage friedly - such as games room, free international calls, internet.
    Fiona

Oh, I am so pleased, my 17 year old is normal after all !!!!!!!![)]
    Wendy

Maybe a few nights in NYC before flying down to Orlando would do the trick ?

Somewhere new perhaps and less of a flight time in one go...
    Chris & Peter