Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: longterm renting

Gold 5 Star Member
    You can get a Costco or Sam's Club card though! [msnwink]
    blott

Florida Newbie
    Not all rents are sky high on the West Coast, unless you want to be right on the coast, ie gulf front. There are lots of ordinary families living here, in normal homes, with unspectacular jobs, so they don't all earn huge salaries and still they manage to rent here. I have a friend, who is a single mom and has no support of the father. She manages to rent a condo with two bedrooms, just two miles along the road from one of the best beaches on the gulf coast.
    She lives in Seminole, right behind Indian Shores.

Florida Newbie
    Not all rentals are expensive on the Gulf Coast

Florida Newbie
    oops for some reason I put up two posts, thought the first hadn't gone on and shortened my response for the second one, [msneek]

Gold 5 Star Member
    quote:Originally posted by jeffc

on the question of credit heres my story..

been living here 10 weeks can buy a house no probs..

can get a car on finance rate 13%....
    normally 5-6%...

can not get a target store card for love nor money..

been turned down for store cards ....

but in the uk i have gold cards...
    morale of the story dont cancel uk cards for years sound advise i got before i came...
    You can get store cards easier once you file your first taxes....I now get about 5 letters a day from stores and credit card companies but I'm staying with the ones who took a chance on us when we first moved here.....

Gold 5 Star Member
    We have been here 7 months. Have Sams Club cards wuth a $300 limit. Home Depot turned us down flat for their card. Our own bank, with them for 7 years, gave us $500 limits secured by a $99 savings account in spite of having well considerably more than that already on deposit anyway. Buying a house, yes we bought one too, but not on a residents mortgage at residents rates, we are still effectively paying a vacation home mortgage. If you have had a high level Amex for a long while it helps with credit. We keep getting pre-approved card and loan applications. This is because of our address. We give them our socials and they disappear and we never see them again. Hope our first year taxes help as Chrizzy says,
    Julie

Gold 5 Star Member
    quote:Originally posted by esprit

We have been here 7 months. Have Sams Club cards wuth a $300 limit. Home Depot turned us down flat for their card. Our own bank, with them for 7 years, gave us $500 limits secured by a $99 savings account in spite of having well considerably more than that already on deposit anyway. Buying a house, yes we bought one too, but not on a residents mortgage at residents rates, we are still effectively paying a vacation home mortgage. If you have had a high level Amex for a long while it helps with credit. We keep getting pre-approved card and loan applications. This is because of our address. We give them our socials and they disappear and we never see them again. Hope our first year taxes help as Chrizzy says,
    My daughter with a job and SS number had a bad time getting credit........but after doing her taxes the first time....she had no trouble.....