Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: off for new year!!

off for new year!!

Hi I am new to this forum and just looking for some tips and ideas for our upcoming trip to orlando on 27th dec. we are a party 7, a family of 4 (children aged 5 and 9months) a couple and a single guy friend all staying in a private villa at four corners. We are expecting the parks to be pandamonium for the first week but hoping that things calm down a bit by the 4th? If we are buying park tickets here should we buy 2009 since the date of first use will be in 2009 or 2010 as we will still be using them in 2010?
    We are looking to do an airboat ride also anyone recommend a company or let me know if the baby can even go on this?
    Any help will be greatly appreciated
    Janet

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    You can buy your park tickets now and use them in both 2009 and 2010. Some people buy them gradually leading up to their holiday and often quite a few months ahead to spread the cost.
    Christine

Arborfield, Berkshire, UK & Davenport, Florida
    Hi Janet and welcome to the forum [msnsmile2]

Frances

Hi Janet
    Welcome to the forum, we are off to Orlando this week [clap][clap] and we are hoping to do the airboat rides at Boggy Creek so hopefully I can let you know about the age limits in a couple of weeks, if someone hasn't already found out for you by then.
    I am sure you will have a fantastic holiday especially around Christmas and New Year although Orlando is fantastic any time of the year![msncool]
    Wendy

Janet, according to the Boggy Creek Airboat website they do not have an age limit for children. In fact they say all ages are welcomed on all trips. They say a child under 2 can sit on your lap or ride beside you but the critical thing is that they may not like the noise, and they must also wear a lifejacket, which is required for children under the age of 6.

I believe the noise is quite loud, so you would have to decide whether or not your child could cope with it as some young children are not happpy with loud noises.
    ellie

Gold 5 Star Member
    Everyone gets ear defenders Ellie so may not be so much of a problem.
    blott

Thanks for the info! Im thinking the baby might be too small for the airboat but my 5 year old would probably love it! Could anyone tell me where the best place to buy your tickets is? We would normall use attraction tickets direct but any savings would be great thanks

Hi Janet welcome to the forum ,If you do not go on the airboat and stay with your little one yo can help ypurself to a free coffe in the shop or put a dollar in the box .
    It is lovely to sit outside on the picnic area which is under cover a lots of wild life to see while waiting for the others to come back from their boat ride .
    Have a lovely time in Florida [msnsmile2]
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Florida Expert
    Hi Janet,
    welcome to the forum ,whatever questions you have someone here will have the answer.
    Olive

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jintyjoe
    Thanks for the info! Im thinking the baby might be too small for the airboat but my 5 year old would probably love it! Could anyone tell me where the best place to buy your tickets is? We would normall use attraction tickets direct but any savings would be great thanks
    [/quote]You can buy your attraction tickets, including Boggy Creek Airboats, from the link at the top of this page. Alternatively, click on this link http://www.park-tickets.com/

Glenda and Geoff