Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New one for us...

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.

New one for us...

We were at IHOP the other day and got stumped when the waitress asked one of our children about a 'boo boo'. Turns out this means a cut where you need a plaster (band-aid).

Gold 5 Star Member
    LOL John--did you have to ask the waitress what she was talking about?
    Teresa

boo-boo huh? i'm stumped on how this phrase could mean anything to do with a cut.
    bob-boo to me means, i've screwed up (yet) again...
    Wilf & Sarah

Florida Chatterbox
    Boo Boo means that a mess occured...you're right Wilfy. I make boo boos all the time lol. Like I knocked over a glass of soda the other day. What a boo boo!
    Anderson, Amirah & Andrea Amarante

I can't believe you did not know what a boo boo was. Even when I got hurt as a child it was always referred to as a boo boo.

I have to admit that at times there are words used in this forum that I have know idea what they mean. It is amazing that we speak the same language, but have so many different meanings for words.

Kay
    Kay

www.orlandovillas.com/villas/869.aspx
    www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1184.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    Ah, but that's just it Kay, we don't speak the same language at all, it just sounds like we do on the surface! That's what makes life so interesting...

As a Brit, I get lulled into a false sense of security when I'm in US until someone I'm speaking to says "excuse me"? It's only then that I realise I've said something British that I need to 'translate' into American!

As an example, we stayed the night in a Chicago hotel (our plane was delayed) on the way to Florida a few weeks ago. On the shuttle back to the airport, the driver was quite chatty and asked where we were going and why. So I replied (thinking I'd say it the American way for his benefit) that we have a vacation home in Florida and he instantly said "oh, you mean you have a holiday villa". We'd both been ultra polite and used each other's phrases for the same thing! [msnsmile2]
    blott

Florida Newbie
    in newcastle boo boos are sweets /candy
    micky mouse rocks

Gold 5 Star Member
    Funnily enough, I would have known what a boo boo was[msntongue][msnwink] Probably says way too much about me

Florida Newbie
    No-one watches kids T.V. then? You learn so much through your childhood just from watching the Rugrats!!! So sad... [:I]