Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Urgent advice required on being ripped off

Florida Expert
    What a sickening experience, you spend so long planning a dream holiday, budgeting for it and then get ripped off. I was not particularly aware that these shops were so bad , although I have never tried to shop in them. It always unsettles me though when items are not price marked.
    Enjoy the camera and enjoy the holiday, I guess if you thought it was good value when you bought it then put it behind you,
    Enjoy the rest of your stay.

Florida Expert
    A good analogy would be to compare the electronic stores on I-Drive to the electronic stores on Regent Street, or around the Times Square area of New York. They are there to service the tourists. And consequently charge exorbitant prices.
    Again, for all electronics in Orlando, other than top end items, use places such as Best Buy or Sears.
    Jeff & Amy Stephens

If you really feel that you want to do something about it, but I am afraid that there is probably nothing you can do, you could try contacting the Better Business Bureau in Orlando and asking their advice.

Andrena

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi guys just back this morning, sorry i have not replied to your posts but i was to busy having fun... Well i ended up going back to the shop on i-drive and asked for a refund but after so much arguing we realised we just needed to grin and bear it, we excepted some free goodies so to speak and walked away, weve definately put it down to a bad experience and will make sure we do our research first, Anyway the holiday was great we had such a good time so it did not take long to put out of our minds, and like you say when we watch the films back they will be priceless,
    Thanks for all your advice

Gold 5 Star Member
    Glad to hear it didnt spoil your holiday too much and looking forward to seeing the pics.
    Babblin Boo