Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Solar Heated Pool

Florida Newbie
    Crikey I couldn't believe all the replies when I logged in tonight [msneek]I am looking to stay in Orlando in April and I am going to pay extra for additional heating. I want to take full advantage of the pool so I want to make sure it's warm whenever I want to use it.

Thanks for all your replies [msnsmile2]

Florida Savvy
    there are 2 factors in pool heating. The heat supplied (ie solar or electric) and the mean temp of the water unheated. the mean temp of any pool in April in orlando will be lower than one on the coast. Because, as it is further from the sea, the night time temps are colder and so the pool loses more heat during the night. conversly, as staed above, cloud cover will affect solar heating during the day.

Use of pool covers (which most guests do not bother with but perhaps should just for their own comfort) will greatly help in keeping a pool warm and retaining any heating either passive or supplied by solar/electric.