Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Alamo SUV's

Florida Newbie

Alamo SUV's

Hi. I know these questions have been placed quite a few times, but would like latest info. Looking to book for 6 weeks Jan./Feb.
    What is being offered by Alamo in standard SUV class? What is being offered by Alamo in 7 seater SUV class.
    On arrival do they offer choice of vehicle in standard, and 7 seat SUV classes?
    Is there any way of avoiding Jeep Commander, and 7 seat van?
    With prospect of a substantial outlay, is there any advantage in booking early or late?

Gold 5 Star Member
    I think I can answer the booking question. You pay a £25 deposit and the balance is due eight weeks prior to car rental date. In the meantime, between booking and pick up, if the price increases your price doesn't. So it's probably worthwhile booking in advance as a sort of 'insurance' against a potential price rise.

This page gives you the vehicle types per rental company per category. http://www.floridahire.com/CarTypes.aspx

blott

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    With Alamo you choose your vehicle on arrival, the 7 seater option could be a Pontiac Montana(if they are still in production) Chevrolet Uplander & somtimes a Dodge Grand Caravan it all depends what they have in when you arrive.
    Lyn

Florida Newbie
    Thanks for reply.
    Sorry my mistake, should have said 7 seater SUV 4x4, not 7 seater van.
    It appears **** has dropped the photo of this class, but still has this type available in drop down booking menu.
    Elvin.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by elvkat
    Thanks for reply.
    Sorry my mistake, should have said 7 seater SUV 4x4, not 7 seater van.
    It appears **** has dropped the photo of this class, but still has this type available in drop down booking menu.
    Elvin.[/quote]The 7 seater SUV from Alamo is a Chevy Tahoe.
    Roger

Florida Newbie
    I'm going the 17th October, have booked a SUV through this site with Alamo, I'd hope to
    get the Tahoe!![msnsmile2]

Florida Junior
    I got the tahoe when I went in August, great car, fast and a right beast! But it won't necessarily be a tahoe you will get if you book the 7 seater SUV. I was told at the time that I could have been given a jeep commander, chrysler aspen or toyota sequoia. I think this is the only class where you can't pick your own.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by murraycrewe
    I got the tahoe when I went in August, great car, fast and a right beast! But it won't necessarily be a tahoe you will get if you book the 7 seater SUV. I was told at the time that I could have been given a jeep commander, chrysler aspen or toyota sequoia. I think this is the only class where you can't pick your own.
    [/quote]

We have had a Tahoe every time from Alamo
    Roger

Florida Newbie
    Thanks for all replys, very helpful. I have booked with Alamo through this site.
    Elvin