Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Year On

Dave, there is a wonderful museum there, now, and they have tours of the area at various times in the day which are taken by people who had something to do with that terrible day. It makes it all the more poignant. On our particular tour we had plenty of time for quiet reflection. We had no idea what to expect but it was very poignant.
    ellie

[grouphug]never forgotten xxx
    Liesa

It will remain in our minds forever.

My husband was on a United flight travelling to Washington DC and I was in Florida. I saw it early in the morning on TV and I don't normally put the TV on in the morning. It was an extremely worrying day as there was no news as to where he was and it was the first time ever that I did not have the flight number.

After several hours United phoned me to say the plane had been turned round and was back in the UK and the passengers were all herded into a room until hotels could be sorted out. With a name like 'Jones' it made it more difficult as I had no flight number. However, at least my husband lived to tell the tale, but for many others, this was not to be. We will always remember 911 and all the families who were effected by this dreadful event.

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    Its very hard to believe that 8 years have now passed it only seems a few years.

I remember the day very well indeed. Like many people over the decades that can remember where they were when Kennedy died, Elvis, and sort of recently Princess Diana. We were looking forward to our visit trip to Disney that Christmas and was researching quite a bit on the US etc. I had just come home from work at Lunchtime, heated up some soup and sat down to watch the lunchtime news.

Hubby thought I was joking when I called him. and then watching it all unfold live on TV as the first bit of news broke. Can remember the rest of the day at all, just kept watching the news, as the tragedy kept unfolding.

Again yesterday switched on the tv lunchtime to see the memorial tributes, such a different day to that eventful day, which had the sun shining, it was raining in New York and dispite this the people still came out to show their respect to all those that lost their lives that day.

We visited New York last year and gave our respects, the museum has been done with dignity and pride to those that perished that day. I only hope that the monument they are still working on is finished very soon as the recession has hit the budgets pretty hard.

I was also very touched by some of the programmes that were put on tv yesterday, I am glad to see that some of the survivors have come forward with their own stories of what happened that day. So many people that were total strangers working in the same building before this helping each other.

CERI