Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just picked up Luxury Car from Dollar.

Florida Junior

Just picked up Luxury Car from Dollar.

Hi Guy's
    We have just picked up our first car from Dollar.
    Went very smoothly, no queues, and this was Saturday at 4pm.
    We had booked a luxury car, which said Chrysler 300 or similar and we have been given a Chrysler 300 Hemi, 5.7litre V8.
    We booked the gold option and although they have taken a credit card swipe for security, it is not on our credit card statement, it has not decreased the available limit.
    So looks like they have an inprint only, just in case anything goes wrong.
    Overall i am very happy.
    Although i needed to fill the petrol tank after only 260 miles.
    It cost $40 to fill it back to the top. ( 19 gallons )
    Dave.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by martek

Although i needed to fill the petrol tank after only 260 miles.
    It cost $40 to fill it back to the top. ( 19 gallons )
    Regards Dave.
    [/quote]

That's less than 14 mpg - thirsty eh!!

Can you put a photo of it for us to look at it ,We had a chryler Aspen 4x4 and it was a gas guzzler but at the price of gas in USA not bad and a good ride .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    Dave sounds great, making me jealous with you in florida and I'm in the UK, imagine how much to fill that up here?
    Jan&Steve

Gold 5 Star Member
    $40 for 19 gallons works out at about $1.95 each before tax so that's a remarkable rate at the moment and about 40 cents a gallon lower than what I'm seeing.

I'm actually picking up a Chrysler 300 in Phoenix tomorrow so I'll be very happy if I can find that rate.

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katys Grandad
    $40 for 19 gallons works out at about $1.95 each before tax so that's a remarkable rate at the moment and about 40 cents a gallon lower than what I'm seeing.

I'm actually picking up a Chrysler 300 in Phoenix tomorrow so I'll be very happy if I can find that rate.[/quote]I'm sure there was fuel left in the tank before refuelling and i'm sure he was talking round figures rather than an exact science.

The fuel tank on a Chrylser 300 holds 19 gallons rather than he put 19 gallons in.

There is no amazing deal for fuel at $0.40 less than everywhere else which i'm sure you know.
    Garry Pullan

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by gpullan
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katys Grandad

I'm actually picking up a Chrysler 300 in Phoenix tomorrow so I'll be very happy if I can find that rate.[/quote]I'm sure there was fuel left in the tank before refuelling and i'm sure he was talking round figures rather than an exact science.

The fuel tank on a Chrylser 300 holds 19 gallons rather than he put 19 gallons in.

There is no amazing deal for fuel at $0.40 less than everywhere else which i'm sure you know.[/quote]Ah yes - I see now!

So it could have been any amount between nil and 19 gallons for $40. I was excited for a while there.

Thanks for your valuable and sure insight.

Florida Junior
    Hi Guy's
    Actually the tank was getting pretty empty.
    Stopped for fuel, think it said $2.40 a gallon.
    I asked for $40 at the garage and i think it said 19 gallons, but working the rate out it must have been 17 gallon. Hmmm, i'm intrigued now, as i'm sure it said 19.
    I'm past half a tank now again, but can't see me filling it up again as i'm swapping it Saturday for a Convertible.
    Off to Aquatica now, catch ya later.
    Have a nice day now!!![msnsmile2][msnsmile2]
    Cheers Dave.

wrpac00
    Don't forget the US gallon is 20% smaller than a UK gallon so you have to add 20% to the mpg to equate it to the UK.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Gas is nearly $3 again in my part of New England..