Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: one big villa or 3 small ones

Florida Chatterbox

one big villa or 3 small ones

Hello to all my fellow orlando addicts. Just like you guys myself and family go to orlando every year, this year we wont be going, as we were suppose to go out at christmas but due to wifes new job not able to have to weeks at xmas just one, and like you I cant go to orlando for one week.

So we have decided to go out next year summer for four weeks to make up for missing out on this year.

In doing so, which the family are completely happy about, we now have another 2 families wanting to join us, but only for about 2 weeks they would like to come out for, so there will be 13 of us, adults and kids. My family consist of 6.

What I want to know would it be best to get one big villa or would it be better to get individual family villas and would cost be cheaper.

Thanks

So w

Gold 5 Star Member
    I would say it may be cheaper to get 1 big place but I personally would always go for the smaller places to give everyone a bit of space. No matter how well you get on there are often tensions if the children get tired or misbehave etc. Often in a large group it's left to one person to do things which can lead to resentment.

Also if plans change if they have each booked their own accommodation and they don't go for some reason, they have to pay what is due whereas if you book a big place and someone drops out then you have to either swallow their share of the cost etc. or get them to pay which can be difficult.

We have often had holidays with friends in the UK and found it works much better if everyone keeps their own place so if they dont want to be with the rest then they can do so.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    I have to agree with Steph..my entertainment is watching people get fed up with each other when I'm in FL..you see the same thing..nearly every time..I've see fights out side my Villa a few times..its not worth saving a few bucks...only go to FL with people and share if you have done it before and you are still speaking ..

Totally agree with what has been said.

If you want these people as friends in the future get seperate villas, especially if you have not shared with them before.
    Graham

Its a good idea to get more than 1 villa as at least it not get a strain and spoil the vacation .
    Even your own family need space .
    Have a lovely vacation it is well worth the wait to see the sunshine .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Florida Junior
    definitely the smaller villas.

Everyone can spread out a bit.

Cram everyone into one villa and it's a recipe for a fight of some sort.

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    I also agree with all the above, and if different familes are comming later or leaving earlier it just makes more sense to have a villa for your own family, and the others have one for thiers. I'm sure you will be able to find suitable villas withing a short distance of each other.
    Lyn

I agree with what has been said. Although a big villa would be cheaper, it's a risk you may not want to take.
    You didn't say if these people coming with you are friends or family, even though as far as I am concerned it wouldn't make a big difference [msnwink]. Maybe the two families joining you can get their own accomodation and save some money, if they're coming and going at the same time. You have postponed your trip and I guess you already have your budget set up if you're now taking 4 weeks: to put it bluntly, why would you take the chance to spoil it? No matter how close you are all, that's a lot of people in one house (and one pool)...

I would go further and recommend that each family gets its own car, for the same reasons as you should all get your own accomodation.

Florida Expert
    Just one point, all the party would not be able to gather in one home.

Why not? When you take a look there are many villas that sleep even more than 13 guests... I still don't recommend it, but it's technically doable... isn't it?