Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Christmas in Orlando 2009

Florida Newbie

Christmas in Orlando 2009

Hello all,

After weeks of reading this forum, I have finally taken the plunge and signed up. So here is my question. I have book the Family Holiday to Orlando for Christmas 09 and wondering what else is there to do apart from the Theme Parks. Where going for 14 days but thinking of only doing the 3 park pass as I want to see as much as possible. “I want the Florida Bug" Also if there are any deals or offers please let me know.
    [msncool]
    Andrew

Hi Andrew and welcome,

A visit to Celebration with it's nightly snow and festivities is definately worth a visit
    Dawn Murray

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Andrew- this is a loaded question if ever i saw one-the parks have so many different facets to them- the shows within them like lion king or attractions in citywalk like the blue man group-you've got downtown disney, celebration as stated-myriad places to eat-the malls-the animal places like seaworld, busch gardens, animal kingdom-all of these coupled with the magic of christmas-i just wish i could persuade my other half!

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    If you haven't been before 3 days at Disney will not be enough if you want to see everything, there are 4 Disney Parks and they will take at least a day each espeially at Christmas. There is also Universal (2 Parks) and Sea World. There is also Downtown Disney which I imagine is magical at Christmas. There are so many other things to see and do and that is without leaving the Kissimmmee/Orlando area. All the malls will be trimmed for Christmas and if you want to go further afield there is Busch Gardens, Blue Springs State Park to see the Manatees. The list is endless, it really depends on what you like doing. You will however have a great time I'm sure, was there last year on the run up to Christmas, it did take a little getting used to all the houses being trimmed up with fake snow and snowmen when you are walking about in shorts and T shirt. Have a great trip and welcome to the forum.
    Lyn

Florida Newbie
    Wow, thanks all so far. I have been doing so much reading about Orlando but never thought about
    * Blue Springs State Park to see the Manatees
    * Celebration
    * even downtown disney

So all I need to do is think about what to do on Christmas Day itself!!!! Does Orlando shut down like London on Christmas Day?
    Andrew

A day at Daytona beach would be good and go to the Daytona speedway it is interesting for all the family .
    It is not has warm at christmas but still a lovely ride there and plenty of eating places just like disney area .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/1683.aspx

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    I think Disney would be very busy on Christmas day, but I could be wrong.
    Lyn

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    Magic Kingdom on Christmas day is very busy. You will need to be there really early as they tend to shut to the public for capicity reasons around 11am. They will ever televise the event in Magic Kingdom for the parade of they do it at California, it depends. You could quite easily get into on of the other parks, I know Hollywood Studios is very good to get into on Christmas Day or Animal Kingdom.

You will need to prebook your Christmas Day lunch or Dinner as a lot of hotels and restaurants will be full. Over the years we have been going, we have done just about every park on Christmas Day
    CERI

Florida Newbie
    Thanks everyone
    Andrew

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    Hi Andrew. Whatever you do don't discount the waterparks yet. We have been at Christmas a number of times and have had great weather[8D]
    The water is heated so if its a nice day (no cool wind) you can have plenty of fun at a water park.[msnwink]
    Remember though Disney close one of their parks seasonally for "refurbishing" but there will still be one available[msnsmile2]
    Plus Aquatica etc.
    mike