Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Christmas in Orlando 2009

Florida Newbie
    Thanks all,

Aquatica is a must,
    Andrew

Christmas is great in Orlando. I never thought I would get the Chrismassy feel whilst in the sun but we love it. Darkness comes very early and that just enhances the atmosphere. Definitely do Celebration - the houses are fantastic. We also went to Gaylords to see the tree and decor there and Mall of Millenia is lovely. The Disney Christmas parage is also spectacular. Have a great time.[clap]
    Jan

Gold 5 Star Member
    Ice at Gaylord Palms is also worth at least a visit.
    Lake Louisa State park and Kissimmee Lakefront park are 2 others within easy reach. With the State parks you only pay a very small entrance fee for the car and passengers.
    Blue Springs for example is $6 for up to 8 people.
    Places like Lake Louisa have grill areas on the beach beside the lake and aren't generally very crowded so you can have a fun day with the family if you take a football and some food for the grill etc.
    Old Town is also worth a visit to see the cars and bikes. The Christmas eve parade is usually wee turned out with many cars being decorated for Christmas.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by freddiehollie
    Hi Andrew. Whatever you do don't discount the waterparks yet. We have been at Christmas a number of times and have had great weather[8D]
    The water is heated so if its a nice day (no cool wind) you can have plenty of fun at a water park.[msnwink]
    Remember though Disney close one of their parks seasonally for "refurbishing" but there will still be one available[msnsmile2]
    Plus Aquatica etc.
    [/quote]

We spent last Christmas Eve at Blizzard Beach so defintely don't discount water parks.

We also spent New Years Eve on Clearwater beach which was fantastic.

We did Magic Kingdom the other year on Christmas Day and got there for opening. Managed 2-3 hours before it got too busy, managing a fair few ridse, and then left but we did have Annual Passes so didn't 'waste' a whole day on the ticket.

If I was going I would make sure to take in :

Celebration - Snow on Market Street
    Osborne Family Lights - Disney Hollywood Studios
    Holiday Illuminations and Christmas around the world - EPCOT
    Christmas Wishes and general decorations - Magic Kingdom

Another one which might be a little far but we're going to go up to this year is 'Light up Mount Dora' in, funnily enough, Mount Dora. We saw the lights adorning everything last year but didn't stay until dark so need to revisit.

To be honest you can't go wrong as eveywhere is decked out for the festive season.

We were in Orlando last Christmas with our Grandaughter We had Christmas Day Brunch at the Peabody Hotel.Then from there went to Celebration had a wonderful horse drawncarriage ride around Celebration which certainly made our day. Then watched the snow falling in Market Sreet before going back to our rented villa and having a family swim in the lovely heated pool
    My 14 year old Grandaughter said this Christmas day I will remember forever!!!
    Barbara

Florida Expert
    Another vote for the Peabody Brunch here, we did it last Christmas Day and loved it. We also booked in to the hotel for the night so we could enjoy the included beverages without the drive back to the villa.

Also finished off relaxing in the evening in the lobby listening to the pianist play Christmas tunes.

Would do exactly the same next time we are there for Christmas Day.

ICE at Gaylord Palms

Celebration in the snow

Shopping at Premium Outlets

Shopping at Millenia Mall

Shopping at Florida Mall

Shopping at Prime Outlets

[msneek][msnembarrased][msnoo][msncool][msnsmile2][msnscared][}][msnwink]
    Shirley

Drive around some of the estates and see the WONDERFUL decorations -people go to so much trouble. IN the case of our estate, we also decorate the public areas of the estate also.
    If you are staying in a villa, I would not go to Disney on Xmas day- I would order your Xmas dinner from PUblix delicatessen, pick up on Xmas eve before they close. It is a delicious dinner with full isntructions -all fresh, mashed potato, gravy, stuffing etc- all included, and very good quality. Sit back and enjoy a relaxing day by the pool, and hit the parks on the day after- a little less crowded so you will get on more rides.
    Celebration is real must, and if you can, book tickets for Miceys very merry Xmas party - well worth a visit.
    All the Disney hotels do special holiday meals with characters -food not wondrous, but entertainment with young kids great.
    Downtown Disney will have the ice skating rink -there truly is tons to do, and all so wonderfully happy and festive. THe candlelight processionaly at Epcot is another must see- when we went there it was a cool day, and it seemed all the more Christmassy for it!
    Have a really good time!

This will be our first Christmas in our home in Florida. We usually go home mid-December but this year are staying for 3 months right over Christmas and New Year. Have taken in the various suggestions. Although we have not stayed over Christmas we always decorate our home both inside and out for our guests before we leave and our neighbour takes the decorations down for us. This year we will enjoy it ourselves for longer. Lindfields where we have our home has loads of homes decorated and is really lovely over Christmas.
    As our grandchildren are very young we will have Christmas Day at home, guess who will be cooking, but will be out an about over the rest of the festive period.

Andrena

Florida Newbie
    WOW, Thank you all, for the replies, much appreciated. Only 18 more days to go now, So looking forward to it.

Can I ask you all another question, how much money do you think I should take with me? I have a 9 yesr old, 14 year old and my wife, we have paid for the park tickets in advance but not sure how much to bring...going for two weeks
    Andrew