Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travellers cheques and cash

Travellers cheques and cash

Hi everyone[msnsmile]
    I have heard that travellers cheques are not accepted in many places now, can anybody expand on this[?] is it a myth or is it true[?].
    Wendy

I think most places still accept them, though I find the best rates are to be had on the commission free credit cards, so don't bother with them any more
    Shirley

Florida Newbie
    my uncles is just back and he says most places accepted them. They are just treated like normal cash. so you should be fine

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    We have never had any problems, still got some left from January so will be using those in October.
    Lyn

Florida Expert
    We have just returned from Florida and used American Express travellers cheques with no problems in any of the shops/restaurants/hotels we used.

No problems with TC's, except at Golden Corral where they wouldn't take them. Some places they said they didn't take checks but if you ask for the manager they usually agree that it's not a regular check but more like cash. It really happened to us only a couple of times in 3 weeks. Sometimes employees won't know what a TC is, again the manager will sort things out.

One big trouble, so to speak: Walmart didn't accept them on our first day, because "it sometimes happens on sundays when the bank terminal can't check if the TC is legit" ... dixit the manager... we now know that Walmart's bank terminal is a good Christian and wouldn't work on a Sunday . We hadn't had time to gather some cash, and our CC is nothing but commission free, so we ended up having dinner at Manny's... poor little things we were[msncry] [msnwink].

Florida Chatterbox
    I found a couple of gas stations won't take them so i always make sure we have cash when filling up the car.
    Make sure you have photo ID when paying with tc's though as they can ask to see it.
    We still have some so will continue to use them but we are trying out a prepaid card next month to see what thats like.

ali

thanks for your input guys[msncool]
    Wendy

I've always been asked for photo ID when using TCs. No big deal as I always carry one.

When I was in Walmart they had a sign at the tills saying American Express TC's only and only in denominations of $100 or less
    Caroline & Dave