Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: American Airlines or Delta

Florida Junior

American Airlines or Delta

We are trying to book flights for November from Manchester and Virgin are still showing £%30+ for the dates we need

Cheaper alternatives are Delta via Atlanta or American Airlines via Chicago.

Which would you choose and why? Any advice appreciated

[high5]
    ChristineHB
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1576.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    American Airlines flights will almost certainly be through Chicago so that's quite a long way around. Note that on 19 November the aircraft servicing that route changes from a wide bodied 2-aisle aircraft to a single aisle narrow-bodied plane. A lot of people would say that almost 4,000 mile in a single aisle 3-3 configured cabin isn't much fun.

Add to that the fact that the trip is around 300 miles shorter each way through Atlanta and Delta's entertainment system is also likely to be better than AA's. Food and seat pitch are about the same.

Unless you have a good reason to fly AA, I'd go with Delta.

We would go by Delta as well and as we collect sky miles with them we can only win in the end .
    Flown with them many times and via Atlanta not JFK the hostess are very good and so polite and cannot do enough for you .
    Make sure you have enough time between flights to get to the gate at Alanta so you can get a snack or a meal as it is geting your cases onto the belt at Atlanta to go on the other plane .
    Enjoy your vacation when you go
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    Agree with KG's analysis above, despite the fact that he and I fly AA all the time from Manchester.

The 2 factors are price and timings. Assuming that you are flying to Orlando, the AA Manchester flight leaves at 10:30am and you get in to Orlando at 7:20pm.(best option) On the way back you leave at 12:40pm and get back at 7:20am. (timings might slightly change after clocks go back)

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
    Agree with KG's analysis above, despite the fact that he and I fly AA all the time from Manchester.[/quote]We're suckers for punishment though - and we have a good reason.[msnwink]

Also factor in, that Delta have a 1 bag allowance. If you want a 2nd bag, it's $50 per bag per journey. So London -&gt; Orlando would count as 1 journey, even though you go through Atlanta. I don't know what AA's baggage policy is.
    Wilf & Sarah

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wilfy
    Also factor in, that Delta have a 1 bag allowance. If you want a 2nd bag, it's $50 per bag per journey. So London -&gt; Orlando would count as 1 journey, even though you go through Atlanta. I don't know what AA's baggage policy is.[/quote]By November, AA will also have a just 1 free bag policy.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_51880.asp

Florida Junior
    Thank you very much for your replies. We are travelling early November but I will probably go for Delta in view of the majority of opinions.

What would I do without this forum!!

Cheers[msnsmile2]
    ChristineHB
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1576.aspx

We flew with Delta at Christmas from Gatwick via Atlanta and they had no seat back TVs - if that is important to you then keep this in mind. There were only TVs slung from the ceiling!

But flight was ok, apart from that.
    ellie

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ellie
    We flew with Delta at Christmas from Gatwick via Atlanta and they had no seat back TVs - if that is important to you then keep this in mind. There were only TVs slung from the ceiling!

But flight was ok, apart from that.[/quote]It's still better then American because they have the same set-up Transatlantic and probably no IFE at all on the leg from Chicago to Orlando!