Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit

Gold 5 Star Member

Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit

What's it like?
    INTENSE!!
    If you like the Rock 'n Roller at Hollywood Studios, then you will love this.
    90 minute queues today, but 35mins on single rider line [xx(][msnwink]
    Longer, faster and MUCH MUCH Higher - 16 stories high and the first climb is totally vertical!

You can select your own music and then buy the DVD after the ride with you on it.
    There is a camera in the car which video's you!

Andrew & Diane Moore

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    We rode this a couple of days ago. queued up as soon as the park opened. The ride itself did not open until 11.00am that day. 10.30 the day before, 10.30 the day before that and 5pm the day before that, they are still having some technical difficulties.

I don't do the big rides at all, but I did this one, I really enjoyed it and yes I would do it again. I wish they would get the technical side sorted though as we waited 2 hours in the blistery heat. we were about 40th from the front of the queue.
    CERI

Florida Junior
    I thought I read in another thread that it doesn't have over the shoulder restraints, just a lap bar because it doesn't do loops but those pictures make it look as though it does. I'm a bit of a coaster coward, I don't do vertical climbs......... If they ever do a vertical drop, you can definitely count me out of that too (lol)
    I wouldn't get on Sheikra at Busch if you paid me, or those big ones at Universal but I did love Kraken at Sea World and Rock 'n' Roller at Hollywood Studios so maybe I'd like this?

amazing... some people just aint well[msnwink]
    Liesa

Eagle Pointe, Florida, & Swanland, East Yorkshire
    It's a fantastic ride. It has lap bars but they are very substantial and padded so really hold you in. The music was working ok when we rode it last Wed and we all agreed it was the best roller coaster. The DVD and photos are great as well.

Highly recomended, get their early and the wait time is reasonable.
    Graham

Florida Chatterbox
    The loop is inverted so when you are at the top you flip to the outside so you are back the right way up and will get some air time. So you are never really up side down.

Gold 5 Star Member
    There were a few of the seats not working when I rode it.
    The seat next to me!

The lap bars may look substantial, but when one of the operators is tugging on it, it makes you wonder!!

Thats what I had with mine!

You enter the loop already going upside down (not a total 180 Degrees but close enough) and end up the right way up at the top then back under again! Like a corkscrew.
    You do 360 degrees around the track within that loop area! ( I know what I mean, ride it and see! [msnsmile2] )
    Andrew & Diane Moore

Florida Newbie
    went wednesday 90 mins in q broke down twice and didnt get on due to thunderstorm will have to wait till next year as home now

Gold 5 Star Member
    Well worth the wait Steve.
    Another excuse to go back! lol
    Andrew & Diane Moore

Florida Expert
    Makes me feel quite ill just looking at those pictures.
    Olive