Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions Please

Opinions Please

Hi - We are going to Discovery Cove for the first time during our holiday and as part of the package we have 14 days access to Aquatica - I have read a lot of reviews on this waterpark, most of them not very complementary. We have been to Typhoon Lagoon and Bizzard Beach a number of times and love them. My dilemma - Is this waterpark as good (in your opinion) as the other two and should we use one of our precious days on this park - I am undecided as to what to do and your opinions on Aquatica would be much appreciated. Children aged 17, 14 and 9 oh and one aged 47 who should really know better !
    Wendy

Gold 5 Star Member
    Wendt
    I was talking to my niece yesterday and she said they loved Aquatica when they went in May and preferred it to the other 2 water parks. Her girls were 5,3 and 9 months and she said the eldest especially loved the wave pool.
    It may not be worth a special trip but as you have the pass then at least half a day would be good to check it out. It's always best to make up your own mind and it won't cost youu any more to do so.
    Babblin Boo

We have just spent 2 days at Aquatica. It is smaller than Typhoon or Blizzard but my children enjoyed it immensely (they are adults, 21 and 25!) It appears to have an amazing section just for children, Walkabout Waters, which sadly we could not use as there was no way I could pass them off as being 5 or 6 years old! There are numerous slides and interesting looking things to do. The whole structure is 60 ft tall, and covers an area of 15,000 sq ft. Here there is a huge bucket perched high above the pool which gradually fills up and then suddenly tips over, splashing everyone with water - great fun to watch! There is also a special area with a large pool called Kata's Kookaburra Cove, which is ideal for children, and which has some little slides for young ones.

I don't enjoy water rides, and as a wimp I did not go on any of them, but I thoroughly enjoyed the amazing Roa's Rapids - like a lazy river but a bit faster. It was absolutely brilliant. You wear a life jacket, and just sit back and it takes you along with a few fountains and what they call 'geysers' (pronounced GUYsers![msnwink])

My children really enjoyed the rides, and there was not a problem with queuing, although there are fewer things to do than at Typoon, for example. The wave pool was nice - nothing like Typhoon which has huge waves, this was less intense and even I was able to swim in it - at Typhoon I am out like a shot the minute the siren sounds to warn you of the impending tsunami!

The most disappointing ride was the Dolphin Plunge - you shoot through the tubes so fast that even if there was a dolphin sitting waiting for you on top of the tube you would be lucky to see it! Having said that we stood and watched a training session in the pool above it and that was fascinating to see the dolphins doing their tricks and obviously having a very strong bond with their trainers.

There was plenty of seating, with huge umbrellas for shade, but I have to say that there is nothing like the number shady areas of Typhoon for instance, as the Disney park is much older and the tropical planting is well established.

The whole park is beautifully landscaped, and a pleasure to walk round - loos very clean and great showers - we showered before leaving which was really nice as we were able to wash our hair and change into fresh clothes before going off to eat on the way home.

Food wise it is pretty typical - burgers, chicken strips, salads, wraps and you can also buy unlimited access to the Banana Beach Cookout which we found a bit disappointing. It is an 'eat-all-you-can' buffet, and if you buy the unlimited return ticket (about $22) you can go in and out as many times as you like, there were only burgers, chicken drumsticks and hot dogs and no fries, although there was melon and salad. You can have unlimited drinks, too. However, you have to eat within the resturant compound - entry is monitored by armbands, and you cannot take the food back to where you are sitting, although you can take drinks out.

All in all my family thoroughly enjoyed it. As for me, well I am a great Typhoon fan, but my daughter liked Aquatica better. It is certainly smaller and more compact.

I think that if your tickets are included then you should certainly try it. But go early - be there when the gates open at 9.00 and try it out. If you don't like it then you won't have wasted a whole day, but I am sure you will enjoy it. You don't say what age your children are as that may make a difference.
    ellie

Florida Chatterbox
    We had a great day there, some of the slides did not quite live up to the hype, but all in all a great day out. Personally Typhoon Lagoon is still my favourite, but this came a close second.

Florida Newbie
    I love aquatica its really nice and clean...unlike Typhoon the lazy river dosent consit of leaves that look like snakes in the water [B)] It does Lack the disney sparkle i.e everything is not as themed out as you would expect

Plenty of family raft rides and some of the rides are not for the fain of heart lol but al in all its a great day out i dont think you will be dissapointed unless you go there expecting it to be liek Typhoon which is world class! Does have nice aspects liek the anteater that walks around on a leech (spelling) and other animals that make apperances.
    Id say perhaps go on a cooler day as it gets blazzzzing hot and not alot of shade as posted before.. You can rent cabannas for $99 up 2 12 peopel alowed in i think so if there is alot of you and shade is key would be a nice way to dry off. I hope you enjoy it we booked discovery cove and got unlimited sea world aquatica and bush and will make good use of them as ive only been to Aquatica i was too ill for the others..Have a fab time ![clap]

Just on our way back to the UK now - we loved Aquatica, preferred it to the other water parks. The wave machine is not so powerful, but that suits us better.There seemed to be a better selection of rides at Aquatica.
    Dawn Murray

Can't wait till we go in October, Scarificed TL & BB for a visit to Aqautica

Gold 5 Star Member
    We all enjoyed Aquatica, especially Roa's Rapids, and granchildren loved Walkabout Water, could not get them off, everytime i went to get them i got soaked by the bucket of water, as i did not look up to notice it was tipping up.
    Barbara

Hi
    Thank you all for your posts, I think we will give it a go, perhaps go early one morning. [msnsmile2]
    Wendy

Florida Chatterbox
    We have been there a few times my ten year old daughter loves it. I prefer it to the Disney water parks. We found earlier this month that it was better to go for the second half of the day as the queues were less, the park was open until 8 or 9 so even going a four we had a lot of time there.
    Maureen

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1274.aspx