Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sat Nav's

Florida Newbie

Sat Nav's

Hi there does anyone know where i can get a sat nav for Florida we have our car hire through with Avis or how much this would be to rent one with them...thanks Laura

Super Moderator
    We found one big advantage of booking through http://www.uscarhire.co.uk/sat-nav.aspx was when the unit arrived, before we left for the airport, our final destination was already keyed in. This meant when we collected the car we were ready to go straight away and did not have to worry about programming it. (At the time we did not have a car with sat nav so it would have taken us time to work it out).

Florida Savvy
    As the question was sat nav through Avis the answer is that you can hire a sat nav through Avis.

We also hire Avis cars and book online, there is an option to add sat nav on their booking site, I think they offer Germin units at about $11 per day ... but that is from memory, so I could be wrong ... and always am according to my wife !!!![msnwink]
    Barry

Yes you can get them from Avis but as you mention they are expensive. With ours you have the unit before you go so can have play and get used it. Plus we program then unit for you with your villa or hotel address. You do not have to rent a car from us to have a sat nav.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by BarryR
    As the question was sat nav through Avis the answer is that you can hire a sat nav through Avis.

We also hire Avis cars and book online, there is an option to add sat nav on their booking site, I think they offer Germin units at about $11 per day ... but that is from memory, so I could be wrong ... and always am according to my wife !!!![msnwink]
    [/quote]

Florida Newbie
    When we were over in 2008, the first thing we did after leaving the airport was go to Wal-Mart and buy a basic Tom Tom One. It cost about $150 at the time and we have used it for that trip and the 2 trips since. If it is $11 per day to rent one, you will be quids in to buy and of course you get to keep it and re-use it when you are done.

In August this year, I saw a Tom Tom in Best Buy for $121, so even better value now.

Florida Newbie
    im flying out 5th october, is it too late to hire from yourself florida sun?

No problem you can order one here www.uscarhire.co.uk

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Pinnacle
    When we were over in 2008, the first thing we did after leaving the airport was go to Wal-Mart and buy a basic Tom Tom One. It cost about $150 at the time and we have used it for that trip and the 2 trips since. If it is $11 per day to rent one, you will be quids in to buy and of course you get to keep it and re-use it when you are done.

In August this year, I saw a Tom Tom in Best Buy for $121, so even better value now.[/quote]I agree that it's much better value to buy if you visit regularly. The irony of course is that in those circumstances the need to have it at all diminishes.[msnwink]

I find that renting from the rental company works best if you only need the unit for a few days of your trip. For me, it's an expensive option to be forced to rent for the entire period of my holiday if I only need it on the odd day when I'm outside my area of familiarity.

Florida Newbie
    is there any difference between GPS ones and normal ones?

just noticed it gives you the option/

or are they both the same?

cheers