Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ravtinos Trip Part 1

Florida Expert

Ravtinos Trip Part 1

31st July
    We were due to fly from Manchester on Virgins 1.30 flight, lets just say it didn't go on time and we left at 8.50 that night!! I won't dwell on it as it was awful.
    1st August
    Arrived in Orlando imigration quick, picked cases and bobs guitar up which I was worried with cases on and off as to wether it would arrive!
    From here it was straight to Budget picked up our 4x4 Jeep Larado who we will call Olive (was green)no hard sell straight into car park and away we went to Disney Port Orleans, now as many who know me we always stay here for a few days.

Went to bed thinking we would not wake up till dinner time as it was 3.30am but No we were up at 8.00 went to Golden Corral for breakfast at 9.30 from here went to Publix for supplies, then back to the hotel.

We then caught the boat to Downtown Disney, one of the reasons we like this Disney hotel is the fact that you can sail down the river to DD, we wonderered around and I have to say for a Saturday is wasn't very busy, after spending a while here we sailed back to hotel picked up Olive and away we went to Panera Bread, now you will all remember that this is Adams fav place to eat, he wasn,t disapointed

We left Panera bread and drove to our friends villa to meet up with them for a BBQ had a great evening catching up on news[chatter][drinkbeer], at 10.30 we were starting to flag and so headed off back to the hotel.[zzz][zzz]

2nd August
    We were up at 7.00 and away on the bus to Epcot, as this was the magic hour for Disney guests, straight in and up to Soarin, rode straight away came off FP for later, I love this ride even though I dont like heights[grin] From here it was over to Test Track straight on came off and wandered to Coke place had a drink then back to TT to FP it, then back to Soarin to use FP then off there and for breakfast in the Garden restaurent, we then went on Imagination and back to TT I have to say that the park was not as busy as I thought it would be, but the lines were still big for the popular rides, but we had done the ones we wanted[clap] so we just wandered about, I went on a Segway in Inovations where they were doing taster sessions, I have always wanted to go on and we are gonna do it at Celebration later in the holiday. Adam wants to do it but in Epcot its only over 16s.From here we went on Space Ship Earth then back to hotel for a rest.[zzz] Went back to Epcot at 6 and ate there, we watched Canadian rock band in Canada and from here to UK to watch Beatles tribute band, then it was off round the showcase eating and drinking as we went[beer] We went on ride in Norway came off and bumped into Helly Hanson who was promoting some clothes, fro here walking to Mexico I saw a phone on the floor, picked it up and was gonna drop it at lost property on way out, as i was walking phone started to ring I answered it and the girl said have you got my phone (which was obvious really) she asked where we were and could she meet us I said I was on the bridge in Mexico and she said I can see you and came flying over with her family who proceeded to throw there arms round me[msneek] and say thank you, after a frew minutes of this and the where do you come froms and what a lifesaver we were off to find a spot for the fireworks. Thery were good as usual, as soon as they had finished we headed for the bus we walked straight onto one and were back in hotel within 10 mins.[zzz]

Monday 3rd
    Went to Golden Corral for breakfast, then back to hotel for a swim, we had the pool to ourselves[clap][msncool]
    At 2 went went to DD by boat to meet our friends, went Ghiradellis[?] for ice cream, went back to our hotel and the boys went for a swim, we chated[chatter], they left at 7.00 and we changed and went to Sweet Tomatoes at the Crossroads, now Andie had told me of this and I have to say is was very good, then it was back to hotel to pack as we were starting our rd trip tomorrow,[msncool] so thats all for now

Great report, Ravtino! I love to read of other people's holidays.

Can I ask what Segway is, though? Is it one of those ride on thingy's that security guards ride on?

Nuala
    http://www.orlandovillarental.com/florida-vacation-rental-3291.aspx

Florida Expert
    Pleased to see we are not the only one`s who give our car a name1[msnsmile2]
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-38.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    Great start Jac, looking forward to your road trip We are doing one in September, it's very exciting seeing lots of new places.

Lynne

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx[/url]

Florida Expert
    We arrived home yesterday[msncry] and we also tried sweet tomatoes at the crossroads, infact it was the same evening as you and thought it was great. We went somewhere different every night to eat but the last night we all decided to go back to sweet tomatoes. Came out completely full to the brim.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Nuala
    They are used by the car park attendants at some of the Disney parks.
    You can do a guided tour in Epcot on them. They are supposed to be fun. I was thinking of booking some of the family to try the one near home at Leeds Castle for a change as we've not round to the other one yet and keep ssying we'll try it.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    You can also do Segway tours at Celebration

Sweet Tomatoes is great, very fresh food at a good price. My daughter and I tried this restaurant in May while my hubby and son went to the Mexican. We had the better meal [msnwink]
    Lynne

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx[/url]

great start Jacqueline xx
    Liesa

I am so pleased you are back in Florida as I just love reading your trip reports[msncry]

Sandra

Great start to your reports[bowwave]
    Jan