Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: retire to florida

Gold 5 Star Member
    We live in the US but can't say we'll be able to afford to live here in our old age...we are looking now at places to move onto..the US is a great place to live..but it really is a place more suited in my books to people who like working hard and playing hard...then a place to end your days in..

Florida Savvy
    ok thanx we may lookin to snowbird then but how long can u stay in one visit[msncool]

Florida Expert
    A B1/B2 visa allows you stay for up to 6 months. In order to get a visa from the US Embassy you have to show you have home/family/job etc in the UK they are terrified that you will either go to US and try to work or study, you must show real evidence that you will be back to the UK. Visa lasts 10 years.
    Clare R

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Yes if I were 30 years younger I would LOVE to move to the US but as I will be 60 in October I find I am getting more appreciative of the NHS. Plan on visiting for a month at a time.
    Lyn

Florida Junior
    What is snowbirding please?

Snowbirds are usually seniors who come down to Florida to enjoy the warm temperatures over the winter, escaping the cold weather from more northerly states.
    ellie

Florida Savvy
    I am an american citizen, but have to say I have no intention of moving permanently to my florida home even though I could. 3-6 months per year will be adequate for me when that time arrives. until then, I am restricted to about 4-6 weeks per year as I have children at school.

Gold 5 Star Member
    No one has mentioned the weather. Between May and September it is steamingly hot, humid and wet and costs a fortune in air conditioning. This might seem ideal if you are on holiday and just loll in the pool all day, but isnt nice to work in. The winters are lovely. Those who snowbird and come for the six winter months ( or late Fall, Winter, and early Spring) get the best of both worlds and no visa hassles.
    Julie

Gold 5 Star Member
    Its hot and humid in a lot of the US...sometimes its less humid in FL then here in MA..cooling is a lot cheaper than heating anyday

Florida Chatterbox
    i would agree with chrizzy, its cheaper too cool than heat. Winter now in england it cost me £150 per month on gas alone.