Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters Inn

Florida Savvy

Masters Inn

I stayed here recently and it was not too good.

The rooms were very worn and ants were visible in the bathroom. I tried to ensure that the carpet was vacuumed by spilling some powder. It was not done.

The free breakfast was very poor and all but one of the staff seemed miserable.

I was surprised to see Virgin Holidays using this motel and the tour operator is considered up-market in the UK. I looked up the brochure price and was amazed how much profit they must be making.

The walk-up room rate was about average for US192.

Masters Inn is a small chain based in the southern USA. It is one to avoid in the future for this traveller.

I would avaiod all of the cheapy hotel/motels. Even the clean ones are very small. I cannot undersatnd why anyone would wish to stay in low budget accomodation for a vacation. I would sooner save for longer and have somewhere nice to stay.

Florida Newbie
    Which of the Masters Inns did you stay at?

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:I would avaiod all of the cheapy hotel/motels. Even the clean ones are very small. I cannot undersatnd why anyone would wish to stay in low budget accomodation for a vacation. I would sooner save for longer and have somewhere nice to stay.[/quote]

Depends on your priorities and your situation.
    If staying in a budget motel meant I could go to Florida twice a year instead of once I would stay in the budget motel. I would just spend most of my time at the parks or out eating or sleeping.

We now do Villas (which admittedly are a world apart) because we are in the lucky situation of being able to, however our honeymoon was spent in a Masters Inn because at that time money was tight.
    We had a great time and it paved the way for us returning with our children the next 4 times (so far but many more to come).

The budget motels are a lot better then some of the mid-range rooms you get on holiday in Europe in my opinion.

Of course all IMHO

Brizzle

Gold 5 Star Member
    I agree with Brizzle, it depends on your situation.

Some families use these hotels/motels just for somewhere to sleep and take a shower.

Obviuosly Villas are worlds apart from these places.

My brother is a prime example, if it means saving a buck, then he will do it, even if it means staying in a cheap motel!!

But at least he is still going to Florida!! Thats how he looks at it!
    Andrew & Diane Moore

Florida Newbie
    We stayed in Howard Johnson Westgate. It was basic though the rooms were clean and the hotel was what you would compare to an upgraded European Hotel. We had a fantastic holiday, met loads of new people and had a realy brilliant time. You get what you pay for. Tomorrow we are going to a villa which will be more isolated but who cares we will be in FLORIDA[8D]

Florida Newbie
    we have stayed at the Howard Johnson to it was good for what we wonted ,sleeping,showers. We tryed to get a discount as my husband is Keith Howard Johnson lol
    keith_jacqui

Florida Chatterbox
    We tend to save on air fare by waiting until the last minute and going with airtours, etc, rather than virgin, aa, delta etc. would love to fly virgin but by the way i organise my trip to america means what i pay for my accomodation, airfare and car hire equals just a little above what i would pay just for the flight with virgin.

also i do think some of the low budget hotels in florida are better than some of the hotels you get when you stay in greece, spain, cyprus etc.
    tracey

Florida Newbie
    We will be staying at Masters Inn Main gate next year(October), and its only costing £3800 for seven (5 adults, one of which is a 17 year old and two teens age 16 and 13, for hotel 14 nights, 7 seater car and flights with Virgin holidays)but last year we had a villa and flew with Air2000 and it cost us £4800 for a group that had one adult less (3 adults and a 17, 15 and 11 year old) These hols are two years apart. The amount we save should help with spending money! I will tell you all if I regret these decisions when we've been!

Best of luck then big momma. I stayed in the Masters Inn in June 2000 when I was over for a week on my own buying furniture for my new home. I thought that for just me I wouldn't spend too much and save my money for my furniture!! I wish that I'd actually spent a few more dollars per night and got a decent room in a better hotel.

My room was small and basic to say the least but for one person the size was OK. The sheets were clean but the comforter had definitely seen better days.

This was the place where I had to keep my shoes on because if I walked on the carpet in socks or bare feet, then the soles of my feet were black within a short space of time. The carpet always felt damp too. The bathroom was musty and badly ventilated with black mould around the edges. You could just about get one person in there, as long as you don't like to stretch. The bath was not a normal length bath. I'd shower, dry my feet, put shoes and trainers on and then come out of the bathroom and finish drying off. Take your own towels too, because the ones provided make a handkerchief look big.

You will notice an incredibly big difference between the villa and this hotel. You will save money but you might find yourself very unpopular!!

You could have told the travel agent to forget their accomodation completely and for around £1000 you could have rented a 3 lovely bedroom villa direct from the owner.
    Carla