Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters Inn

Florida Newbie
    Hi Carla, which one did you stay in?

I stayed in the one near Marker 10 on 192. I asked if they had any better rooms that I could change to and they said that they were all the same. I also asked if I could move to the Masters near Marker 4, but they said that it was exactly the same standard. You really need to check it out big momma. 14 nights is a long time when you hate the place that you go back to after a day out - I'd had more than enough after a couple of nights, but had paid for 7 nights and they wouldn't refund me. If my husband and kids had been there with me, then we would have just moved to another place, refund or no refund.

You're not going until October 2005 so why not tell your travel agent to take out the accomodation element completely and rent a 3 lovely bedroom villa direct from the owner. If you enquire on these sites then I can guarantee that you won't have any of the problems that I had in my Masters Inn room and I'd also bet good money that any villa from here will be streets ahead of the one that you stayed in last time because the better/best homes are never available for rent to Tour Operators.
    Carla

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by big momma
    We will be staying at Masters Inn Main gate next year(October), and its only costing £3800 for seven (5 adults, one of which is a 17 year old and two teens age 16 and 13, for hotel 14 nights, 7 seater car and flights with Virgin holidays)but last year we had a villa and flew with Air2000 and it cost us £4800 for a group that had one adult less (3 adults and a 17, 15 and 11 year old) These hols are two years apart. The amount we save should help with spending money! I will tell you all if I regret these decisions when we've been!
    [/quote]

Hi Big Momma

Your price comparisons sound like one travel agent booking compared to another.Neither of these prices sound paricularly good compared to what could have been obtained by doing it yourself. The carhire available from this site is very good value as are the flight prices also available from the links above and a quick browse at some of the Villas on here will show you how reasonably priced they are plus you would be able to choose exactly the right home for your family.

And there is no way that staying in any hotel is going to compare to the joys of having your own private pool, instantly accessible at any time of day or night.

The other issue on prices is the amount of money saved when staying in a villa especially on rest days ( which I cant imagine having in a hotel room ) with full kitchen facilities available breakfasts and snacks can be so much cheaper when they are fetched from your own fridge than having to buy everyone a coke etc when at a Hotel so even if the initial price is similar overall more will be spent when staying in a hotel and the enjoyment will be so much less.

Lesley
    www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-784.aspx

Florida Newbie
    Dont seem to be able to get flights, and car rental any cheaper than this package deal, the one near marker 4 has been recently decorated- Im sure it will be fine- I hope! Our last villa at Windward Cay was beautiful but it was through a private rental company.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Well its difficult to get flight prices yet for Oct 05 as the schedule airlines havent released them yet, even so though the package you are being offered will not compare to a private villa, how many bedrooms are you sharing in the hotel big momma ?

Lesley

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Have to agree with Lesley about the rest days train of thought and comments in general. We have stayed in some decent hotels is Orlando but one night we had to go into one of the budget Motels and it was awful, Carla mentioning sticky dirty carpets brought it all back.

It is cheaper to do it all yourself, I think you pay for the convenince in a travel agents "package". Whatever you decide I am sure you will have a great time.
    CDV

Florida Newbie
    I am looking into it at this present moment, will get back to you all on the subject soon!

Florida Newbie
    Lesley, We are having a suite with 2 doubles and a sofa bed and a standard room with 2 doubles.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Crumbs! How many people in one room? How many bathrooms? For a fortnight? [msneek]

If you'd had a 3 bed villa for about £1000, a 7 seater on this site is £334 for two weeks which leaves you £2644 for your flights (ie £352 each) you'd have had a lot more space to spread out (and not get under each other's feet or on their nerves!) as well as your own pool, etc.
    blott

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by big momma
    Lesley, We are having a suite with 2 doubles and a sofa bed and a standard room with 2 doubles.
    [/quote]

Sorry Big momma, I just couldnt cram so many people into such a small space and given the ages of your group what about privacy ? Are the teenagers having to sleep in a double bed together [:0] even if the cost was a little higher I would pay the difference willingly, I suspect you can rpobably get a 3 bed cheaper than £1000 or a 4 bed for around that price for October.Overall, with theme park tickets ,the holiday is still a fair sum of money and you do risk spoiling it if the accommodation is lousy or you dont have enough space.A little extra spent on accommodation will still only be a small percentage of the overall cost but will make all the difference to how much everyones enjoys themselves.Incidentally please be careful that insurance is included for the carhire in your quote, very often it isnt and you get hit with a large unexpected bill. The quotes from the link above are totally all inclusive with no hidden extras.

Lesley