Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Alamo - credit card deposit

Florida Newbie

Alamo - credit card deposit

Hello everybody, just wondering if anybody knew how much deposit Alamo lock from your credit card when picking up the vehicle. As we are hiring an 8 seater would this be a greater amount than for a smaller vehicle?.

Administrator
    The amount can vary, but I've never heard of it being over $500 (down to as little as nothing!)

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Not sure what you mean by "lock from your credit card" we always have the gold option and have never had any money taken from our account. I thought they just scanned your card in case you didn'e return the car.
    Lyn

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Lyn
    Not sure what you mean by "lock from your credit card" we always have the gold option and have never had any money taken from our account. I thought they just scanned your card in case you didn'e return the car.
    [/quote]
    I am guessing it is an amount that Alamo let the cc know 'might' be taken. Otherwise you max out cc, they need to debit your card and it could be refused. I am guessing this might be it but am sure someone will come along who can confirm or let us know the real deal.

Administrator
    That's right, the amount is not taken from your account, but effectively your overall balance available is reduced by the amount they lock off until you return the car.

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    I see, that could be a problem if you only have a low credit limit and were intending to go up to your limit[msnsad]
    Lyn