Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: tom tom problems

Florida Junior

tom tom problems

Hi all
    just read shona's problem and wondered if this was a common problem as we are thinking of buying the download for florida region for our tom tom rather than hire one out there and dont want to waste our time and money.
    steve

It should be easy but reality is we do have trouble getting the maps on the units. I am just on the phone to tomtom now, 17th day and no map! Once they are on there should be no issues if the unit is set up properly. Make sure your tom tom has enough space for the map, not all do.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Steve Robbins
    Hi all
    just read shona's problem and wondered if this was a common problem as we are thinking of buying the download for florida region for our tom tom rather than hire one out there and dont want to waste our time and money.
    steve
    [/quote]

Florida Junior
    Thanks Martin in that case would you recommed renting a sat nav from the car hire company as opposed to downloading?
    steve

Mmmm I may be biased as it is me that handles the rentals ... Thats why I have good knowledge of maps.

Thanks Martin in that case would you recommed renting a sat nav from the car hire company as opposed to downloading?
    steve
    [/quote]

Florida Junior
    Martin
    If we choose to rent one from you then would it be with us before the 25th Aug
    steve

Yes no problem at all.

Martin
    If we choose to rent one from you then would it be with us before the 25th Aug
    steve
    [/quote]

We have a Tom Tom that we take with us to US as it has both UK and US already on it. Hubby knows the model, but he is not around to ask.

Sandra

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Sorry, I seem to be missing something here, what is the problem with the Tom Tom?
    Lyn

Someone had downloaded maps and just got their position on blank screen, corrective measures were offered.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Lyn
    Sorry, I seem to be missing something here, what is the problem with the Tom Tom?
    [/quote]

Hi all
    steve
    [/quote]
    Common? Not in my experience. I have a 920T and have loaded all the map updates in the last couple of years, plus the user updates, POIs etc, all with no issues.

Martin clearly deals with more units than I do (ie more than 1 ) but I find the TT units extremely reliable.
    Keith