Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Sarasota

Florida Newbie

Sarasota

We are shortly off to Orlando for 2 weeks but want to visit Sarasota and stay one night there. Does anyone know a nice place to stay for 1 night??

Thanks

Florida Expert
    Sarasota is great place. The town is on the mainland with an attractive marina along the 'front' and small park that juts out into the Bay. Marina Jacks is a super place for a drink or meal. Across the bridge is St. Armands Circle on Lido Key with lots of restaurants to fit all wallets, designer shops and gift stores. Quite often there are art and craft exhibitions in the centre of the circle at weekends. Beyond the Circle is the beach, miles and miles of it.

Just north of St. Armands Circle is the Mote Marine laboratory. North of Sarasota itself near the airport is the Ringling Museum (circus family) the grounds are free to enter.

No, I haven't answered your question on accommodation, most accommodation is for suites and long term rentals. There is a hotel on Lido Key, Helmsley, but I think you will find that you are probably going to end up with one of the usual chain hotels, there are several on the 41 road near the centre of Sarasota.

Enjoy your trip.
    Clare R

There is a Holiday Inn on Lido Key at the roundabout going to the sea from St Armand Circle turn left and it is second block we stayed there a few years ago and they are all seaview room , Put the web site on for Holiday Inns In USA and you will find it .
    You can walk to St Armand Circle .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mfairhurst
    There is a Holiday Inn on Lido Key at the rond about going to the sea from St Armand Circle turn left and it is second block we stayed there a few years ago and they are all seaview room , Put the web site on for Holiday Inns In USA and you will find it .
    You can walk to St Armand Circle .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx
    [/quote]

I've stayed there too Maureen. Great location with the usual standard Holiday Inn facilities. I don't recall how much it cost but it wasn't expensive.

I have only eaten there but they do have a fantastic Sunday Brunch buffet -traditional breakfast food plus seafood and roasts. The restaurant is on the 7th Floor overlooking the beach. Our friends paid the bill but I think is was less than $20 per person.

Mo
    Maureen Green

Take a look at Longboat Key, just turn right of St Armands Circle. If your looking for a top beach then try Siesta Key Beach.

We are having a 2 night trip down to Longboat Key in October and can't wait.

Two Restauants we can highly recommend

Hemmingways - Just off St Armands Circle
    Dry Dock Grill - Longboat Key

Both were fantastic when we were there last.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Another great restaurant is Columbia on the Circle.

Their signature salad is delicious and one helping is plenty for 2.

I also love their Black Bean cakes, ooh I can taste them as I write.

Enjoy

Lynne

Florida Expert
    Goodness, never knew anyone liked Black Bean food - ugh.
    Clare R

Gold 5 Star Member
    Clare they are to die for, served with Guacomole & sour cream.

Definately a must try[msnwink]

Lynne