Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rip, Ride, Rockit?

Florida Junior
    Thanks Ali, here's hoping it's officially opened by the time I go.

Eagle Pointe, Florida, & Swanland, East Yorkshire
    All the signs on the I4 state 'Now Open' they have been stating coming soon so I think it is open now.

From what we have seen it is running all day until the Park closes with full cars so looks like it is open to me.!
    Graham

Florida Newbie
    Hi there, we are in Orlando at the moment and have been on this ride.
    The queue time was stated as 120 minutes but we got on it after 50 minutes. The kids (16 & 17) went first as we had bum bags which were not allowed so we had to do a 'bag share' - basically they went on first while we waited at the side and then swopped over when they came off. You get to choose a category of music and then a track when you sit in the car and it plays your chosen track at full blast throughout the ride - this is what they are testing at the moment - kids got audio on their go but we did not. The staff all have clipboards and ask you before you get off if you had audio or not. As we have Flex tickets we will be riding it again before we leave for home so will let you know what it is like with audio - the kids said it was awesome and the ride is like nothing else in Orlando and we all scored it 10/10!

Florida Expert
    A girl at work went on it last week and said she was terrified!!

Seat restraint is just a lap bar not an over the shoulders type thing, said she had problems with the music and was as white as a a sheet after the vertical drop.

Florida Newbie
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ujpest doza
    A girl at work went on it last week and said she was terrified!!

Seat restraint is just a lap bar not an over the shoulders type thing, said she had problems with the music and was as white as a a sheet after the vertical drop.

[/quote]
    We rode this ride last week it fantastic, you don't do any loops so no need for a over the shoulder restrain. When you go up you cannot see the track, a very unusal feeling!!
    Michael

Florida Chatterbox
    We went to Universal last week. Long queues first thing, then announced that the ride would not be opening. It did eventually open at lunchtime, so riders in our party queued for 75 mins! Went back to ride this again yesterday and it was not running again - the car was stuck at the top of the ride and they had a crane up to it trying to rectify the problem. So despited all the testing etc it's still not running smoothly.
    Karen

Florida Expert
    It wasn't working last sunday but was working when we went on friday.

It was disapointing to be honest, banged my head a bit on it and the ride was over much more quickly than we expected. The Hulk is much better.

The DVD is a bit of a rip off as well. My Sister inlaw paid $38.95 for the DVD and a photo expecting the DVD to be of the whole time they were on the ride. The DVD only actually shows them on the ride very briefly and the rest of the DVD is of advertising shots for the Rip Ride Rockitt with the mucic playing.

Florida Expert
    Went on this last week and i have to day it is by far the best coaster in an around Orlando and Tampa at the moment. Maybe because it is full of not seen before ideas or maybe it is because it is immitating a wooden style coaster with continuous air, i don't know. BUT it is the best!
    Daniel, Kaye, Millie and Harvey

I have to agree and watching the video afterwards is just hysterical, especially when you are sitting with someone who is scared to death. I managed to do the whole ride with hands up, 'dancing' to I will survive [msnembarrased][msneek][clap]
    Oh little things
    Shirley

Florida Expert
    I had a big reminicing session with 'Beastie Boys - Intergalactic'
    Daniel, Kaye, Millie and Harvey