Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A couple of Virgin questions

A couple of Virgin questions

Hi All,

I have a couple of questions. Firstly, does anyone know what type of headphone connection there is in the armrest on the Virgin flight from Manchester. Does it have one pin or two? If it is one pin, is it the same 3.5mm jack that is used in Ipods? I ask because the headphones that they usually give you are not great, so if it is the one pin type, then I can buy some here before we travel.

Secondly, we usually go to Florida every summer, but I only book flights a few weeks before we travel. But next year, we are travelling with my brother in law and his family, so I was hoping to book our flights as soon as they are released. I think that Virgin only release their flights 11 months beforehand, but do they release them by the date or by the month? What I mean is if I want to travel on say 1st to 19th August 2010, will I have to book those flights on 19th September 2009 (being the date of our return), or will all August 2010 flights be released on 1st September 2009?

Also, what sort of price can I expect if I can book these flights as soon as they are released? I know that Virgin have sales throughout the year, but I don't think that they will discount August flights in these sales.

Thanks in advance!

Nuala
    http://www.orlandovillarental.com/florida-vacation-rental-3291.aspx

Single pin, IPOD ones should work.

11 months from date of return, by day I believe.
    Regards, Mark

Gold 5 Star Member
    I picked up some headphone adaptor packs for stocking fillers in ASDA the other day for £1.79 which includes both one and 2 pind adaptors as we have a few travellers in the family.

Virgin HOlidays will let you book a fly dirve earlier and some agents like Charter who advertise on here have a specific allocation with Virgin so you can book them further in advance. It's because the do so much business with them they have been able to. Also has the advantage you can pay just a deposit rather than the full amount as well.

You could bok your outbound flight 330 days before youu go and the return 2 weeks later when it is 330 days but to be honest I doubt you will have a problem booking them at the 330 days before your return flight.
    Babblin Boo

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
    You could book your outbound flight 330 days before you go and the return 2 weeks later when it is 330 days but to be honest I doubt you will have a problem booking them at the 330 days before your return flight.
    [/quote]I would think this option would be expensive. I always work on 11 months from date of return.
    Regards, Mark

Thanks for all your replies.

I will try the Charter travel option first, and if the price is good, then I can take it, but if not I can try direct with Virgin when they release the flights.

I have priced up some one pin earplugs on Ebay, so I think that is where I will buy them. I have to use the small earplugs that fit inside your ear, as the larger ones give me earache.

Thanks again

Nuala

I don't think the 11 month rule is completely valid for Virgin flights - when we last tried to get some, the Easter flights were all full way ahead of 11 months before departure. I think the Virgin package holidays must go on sale far in advance, and for popular dates the package holidays fill the flights.

This is purely my theory, I have no knowledge of the travel trade.

regarding headphones - no-one should buy anything other than Sennheiser PX-100s, they are fantastic and your ears will love you!

The £1.79 Asda plug convertors are an absolute bargain, I bought the last 6 in our Asda. The Sennheisers, combined with the Asda 2-pin adapter, will keep you content on any plane.

This is also my personal theory, but I do know a little about quality sound!
    Dave.

Sennheiser are a great pair of headphones, but I need to buy five pairs!

Also, my daughters go through a pair of headphones every couple of weeks, so there is no way I am going to spend a lot of money on them, as I know they will all be broken within a few weeks.

Maybe one good pair for myself, though[msnwink]

Nuala

Florida Chatterbox
    We booked virgin flights for July 2010 with charter travel in may this year with only a 75.OO deposit .

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ncmurray
    Sennheiser are a great pair of headphones, but I need to buy five pairs!

Also, my daughters go through a pair of headphones every couple of weeks, so there is no way I am going to spend a lot of money on them, as I know they will all be broken within a few weeks.

Maybe one good pair for myself, though[msnwink]

Nuala[/quote]Although I think they're seriously over-priced, I'll take my Bose Quiet Comfort headphones over any of the competitors when I'm on a plane. The Sennheisers just don't cut out enough of the noise for me.

Florida Junior
    Virgin package holidays can be booked 18 months in advance.

Flight only is something like 330 days before.