Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Villa or Condo

Florida Junior

Villa or Condo

Can anyone help, my husband and I are heading out to Florida next April/May for three weeks, doing a fly/drive. We want to spend the last week of our holiday in Orlando. We would like to stay in I Drive area or Lake Buena Vista. As it is just the two of us I thought a villa would be to big but having looked at a number of condos in our preferred area I find I could have a villa with its own pool for less money. Are there villas in the area I am looking for or will I have to go to a condo, must say the extra tax and cleaning cost really pushes the price of a condo up.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Hazel

Hi Hazel. I expect you are really looking forward to your trip next year.

There are no villas near I-Drive, but most villas are really convenient anyway, and it does mean that you can get away from the hustle and bustle of this busy area and relax, so your idea of booking a villa is very sensible. The benefits of having your own pool are also huge - no vying for sun loungers or having to put up with other people's noisy children running around you! [msnwink]

All villas which are rented must pay taxes to legally rent out their homes (and they must be licenses by the State of Florida), and of course there is a cleaning charge for any home as it must be cleaned to a certain standard before the next guests come in - I am sure you would not want to walk in and have to change the beds and do the washing and clean the bathrooms, so that is very necessary. [msnwink] However, this is usually included within the villa rental so is not apparent.

Your accommodation is very important to your enjoyment of your holiday so why not take a look at the villas on this site? Of course, you do get what you pay for, so whilst a cheap villa may seem ideal, you do need to check that it is properly maintained and licenced. Incidentally, it is sometimes wrongly assumed that if you rent a home from someone in the UK they (and therefore you!) don't have to pay taxes. This is quite wrong and such owners would be acting illegally. And if they are acting illegally in this case then one would also have to question what other legal requirements they are avoiding, which might put you or your family at risk.

I am sure you will have a great time browsing though the villas available on the OV family of sites, and I am confident that you will find your perfect holiday home. [msncool]
    ellie

Florida Junior
    Ellie

I understand what you are saying and having rented villas in the past most recently in May of this year, the price you see is the price you pay which is what I was meaning. The condos I have been looking at and enquired about all quote their price, then add tax and cleaning which is payed locally.

We have had villas in Sunset Lakes, Indian Creek and the Davenport area a couple of times and although we loved it we just feel we spent too long in the car. We do not want to visit the theme parks, we will just be chilling out, dining out in the evening and shopping so thought I Drive, LBV would be more accessible for what we want to do.
    Hazel

You can as you say get a villa for yourselves and enjoy not having to go out each day to let the cleaner in .
    In a Condo you will have to walk or drive to the pool and all the other things you want to do .
    Have a look at were some of the villas are and you may find out you can walk to some resturants and not be in the car all day
    Good luck and enjoy your next vacation
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mfairhurst
    In a Condo you will have to walk or drive to the pool and all the other things you want to do .

MAUREEN [/quote]At least you can make friends and speak to other people around the pool if you stay in a condo - you're not isolated like you would be in a villa...

Florida Expert
    Must admit I much prefer the villa option. When we arrive each visit we have such a relaxing time (inbetween the usual jobs). I am not one for chatting around the pool, I like to lie back and read a book so a communal pool does not do it for me.

Mary

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by feathersonline

MAUREEN [/quote]At least you can make friends and speak to other people around the pool if you stay in a condo - you're not isolated like you would be in a villa...
    [/quote]

That is a downfall for me..I do miss lazy days around the pool talking to other holiday makers..

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by feathersonline

[/quote]

That is a downfall for me..I do miss lazy days around the pool talking to other holiday makers..
    [/quote]

I have to say I agree. The space and privacy a villa gave us was great when the kids were small, but now that they are a bit older they want to meet other children on holiday and this is very difficult to do in a villa.

Maybe a Condo is a good answer.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Another aspect is that pools on Condo complexes tend to be much bigger and allow for you to swim for some exercise. Plus of course you don't have to pay a considerable premium for pool heating.

Please don't discount a condo as not all condo communities are so huge you may have to take a car or walk miles to get to the pool etc. We have 2 condos on the same community which is quite small with all the buildings set around the clubhouse with it's facilities and pool and it takes 1 minute at the most to get to the pool, which at the time of year you are going is normally quite quiet and relaxing. Also all our rates include taxes and cleaning.
    We may not be on the I-Drive or at LBV but we are a 2minute drive to the I4 which then takes to everywhere you want to go.
    All I am saying is please don't think that all condo communities are the same.
    Happy choosing anyway and whatever you choose you will have a great time.
    http://www.orlandovillarental.com/florida-vacation-rental-3200.aspx
    http://www.orlandovillarental.com/florida-vacation-rental-3271.aspx