Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Budget "Optional services"

Florida Expert
    Rebecca I can understand fully your frustration over your problems with Budget.

Two years ago I had a situation whereby having prepaid through USCarHire, Budget charged me again through my credit card in error.

You have to realise at the end of the day that USCarHire is an agent and whilst they will do their best to resolve problems it is Budget who ultimately have to sort the problem. My refund was slow in coming and Budget UK took over the issue and by doing this they are compelled to resolve the issue within a space of time. For me this involved a Christmas and New Year period so I was not expecting a speedy resolve but give Budget their due my funds did arrive within the specified date.
    Clare R

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi Claire, Thanks for your comments, firstly id like to say i have no problems with uscarhire, i think they are a great company and would definately use again, Im just really frustrated and confused as to why Budget have taken more money from my card only 4 days ago its cheeky really considering my booking with them is under investigation, more to the point why do they need to take more money from me, i returned the car on the 9th october its now the middle of november, sorry to rant and rave but they have really made me angry..

Florida Expert
    Out of interest why are people using Budget?

Just doing a quick comparison, Dollar are the most expensive with Budget middle and Alamo are cheapest.

So if your going for price alone, then why not Alamo?
    Neil & Kay

Depends when they booked, competition on prices is different at certain times of the year.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Frosty
    Out of interest why are people using Budget?

Just doing a quick comparison, Dollar are the most expensive with Budget middle and Alamo are cheapest.

So if your going for price alone, then why not Alamo?
    [/quote]

Florida Expert
    Does anyone have any good or bad comments regarding Alamo?

They are the cheapest for the period over the New Year holiday when we are going.

We have always used Dollar in the past.
    Neil & Kay

Administrator
    As said, the prices can vary based on time of year etc.

At present, looking at customer service issues, Alamo have the fewest issues, then Dollar then Budget. That said, they all usually resolve any issues eventually, unless items have been signed for on collection of the car then we can not easily progress a complaint (customers would then have to deal direct with the supplier so we don't usually then hear the final outcome).

They are the cheapest for the period over the New Year holiday when we are going.

We have always used Dollar in the past.
    [/quote]

We have always used Dollar in the past.[/quote]I am just about to use Budget and the choice was made because although Alamo are cheaper I could not face their queue again. If you land at a busy time both I and some of my guests have had to wait well over an hour just to get to the desk. It then took about 10 minutes just to get a pre-ordered car.

At least with Budget I have done the on-line registration so should be able to bypass the queue. If you are going to be arriving at a peak time then you may want to think twice about the Alamo queue. If Dollar go back the reasonable prices then I will transfer back to them.

Dave
    Dave Lewis

Florida Expert
    Kirkintilloch, Scotland and Indian Creek, Kissimmee
    Got to say I agree with Dave - in September we waited for almost 2 hours - and then the car we finally picked - had a fault - a warning light came on - however we took it back the next day to Alamo at Disney- and they changed it over within minutes! I'm looking for 2 cars for January and although Alamo is the cheapest - the thought of those queues at 6.00pm really put me off!But...if Alamo staffed all the counter there wouldn't be the lines! The Manager and Assistant Manager finally arrived after 90 minutes - and then the line went down!
    Jean

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Just before no-one ever books a car again [msnsad], the above stories are the absolute worst that's happened. We have many, many very happy customers who have had absolutely no problems with their rentals from any of Dollar, Alamo or Budget. As is usual in these situations, happy customers rarely mention their experience, but people who are less happy do mention it.

I know we've used all three suppliers ourselves many times and never had anything other than a great experience. We've never had a really long wait and all cars have been great and with no problems [msnsmile].

Florida Expert
    Have booked through USCarhire many many many times... always used Dollar and never a problem. For the past two visits I have used Budget as they were cheapest by far, and it was a big decision to change from Dollar but have to say we had no issues at all and I liked the fact that at Orlando you choose which car you take.

I also had guests who somehow put Diesel in a Petrol van, who with were budget and everything got sorted very quickly and to my surprise the charge for the mess up was minimal.

Steve