Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Budget "Optional services"

Budget "Optional services"

Just received my Credit Card statement the first since my holiday in Florida in June and Budget have charged me an extra £142.00 for "Optional services". Checking my Budget documents I must say I did initial this service, but I know 100% that I verbally did not say yes to these services which apparently on checking are extra insurances. As a frequent visitor to Florida the guys at the Carhire desks are always offering extra and to which I always decline, but after a long flight and having on this occasions waited over one hour in the queue at Budget I did not read all the small print, but know that I alway initial a few boxes and sign at the bottom so did so without reading everything to my cost.
    So please be warned everyone, read the small print.
    All I can say is that this has never happened to me before but have never used Budget before and never will again.
    I was impressed with the girl at [name edited] who is trying to fight my cause.

Val

Gold 5 Star Member
    I'm sure that's very annoying. I must admit I usually succumb to the temptation to just sign and get on my way and was once caught out by something similar. The thing that leaves a nasty taste for me is the thought that the agents know exactly what they are doing.

We hired from Dollar and we have always brought the car back full they have now changed the rules and just imagine the money they make on a 18 gallon tank on a Dodge Charger ,We did not hire it from this site but someone else we had a car from them last December and give it in Februay 2010 .
    This time the atitude of the man on the desk was not very polite .
    We could have paid $2.43 this year to fill it up and a lot more was charged by them on our agreement as you said coming on a long flight and in holiday mode you do noy want to argue my last comment to them was last time with Dollar and we have used them for at least 8 years ,I think it time for a change now .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Administrator
    We always stress you MUST read the rental agreement. Any optional extras are quite clearly marked, although I know what you mean about being tired and having just come off a long flight etc.

It's always worth the extra minute to read what you are signing, as you are never required to take any extra insurances, and once signed for you can not later claim it back.

Just checked my credit card statement we have been charged for toll fees even though we rang Budget and told them we have our own sun pass transponder and they said don't worry yours will overide ours so you won't be charged.

Florida Expert
    Val - did you sign up for Budget Fast Track? By doing this you bypass the 'hard sell' department and can go straight to pick up the key and I have never found there to be any questioning of 'additions'
    Clare R

Florida Chatterbox mary and colin's Avatar
    Hi i have just received my card statement and budget have taken over a Hundred pounds from us as well. Fuming to say the least we took out the gold package and had hassle while we were there. Told them we did not want any extras as we had the top package. The guy said fine all sorted and after about an hour we were on our way.
    Just wanting for hubby to come home tonight to check the agreement.
    In twelve years of renting cars we have never been caught like this, i will certainly not reccommend to anyone to use budget again as this is not good.
    Sorry for rant just so upset and worried as we have friends using them next month on our say so.

Mary

Gold 5 Star Member
    I know lots of people are perfectly happy with Budget but I don't see myself using them again.

Florida Expert
    We are off tomorrow and have booked the gold package with Budget. Have only used Dollar before but Budget was much cheaper this time.

How do we ensure, apart from reading everything that we are not charged any extras. Seems asking doesn't make any difference either.

Surely this is not right, just adding on extras without the customer knowing.

Florida Expert
    We're about to book through Budget. We have used Budget in Old Town Kissimmee before and its been fine but we are concerned at how many have been caught, presumably at the airport.

We always try to read the agreement and question where they want us to initial but this isn't always easy after a long flight. We will be collecting in Miami this time.