Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cooler bags & drinks

Florida Junior

Cooler bags & drinks

Can you please advise as i have just seen that you are NOT allowed to take in your own cooler bags or own drinks into any of the Disney parks..? surely this can't be right..can it..?

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    It depends on your definition of cooler bag. we took a backpack filled with snacks and frozen capri suns that thawed out during the course of a very hot day. Nobody batted an eyelid-I'm not sure though on the reaction you would get with a "hard" purpose built cooler box.

Florida Chatterbox
    you are allowed to take small cooler bags say with 4 sports bottles and snacks in, but Disney does draw the line at the hard boxes , remember though ALL bags are searched before you go into Disney .

you can buy a special cup full of juice when you go in for around $10 and allows to as many Free refills all day long at designated points. We always buy one and just share it between the family as they are too heavy to carry around , we then fill it up at every point we pass.

Florida Junior
    I remember doing that at one of the water parks (getting drink mug and then refills...) do they do them at the main parks then..? MK, AK etc

Florida Chatterbox
    We have always taken frozen water bottles, fruit and snacks into the parks and have never been stopped or in any other way been informed that was not allowed.

TOM
    http://www.villasflorida.com/florida-vacation-rental-1231.aspx

Florida Expert
    we take our cooler bag in all parks are ok with it except animal kingdom where we took a smaller 1 (not a so obvious pull along one)
    Berni Deno and Maya
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1997.aspx

Florida Newbie
    Friends of ours took drinks and snacks with them when they went to Aquatica - they had their bags searched and they weren't allowed to take the items in with them.
    So they had to end up taking them back to the car.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I've heard Aquatica are very strict but when my niece went in May they didnt realise and had packed a lunch. First they were told they couldnt take anything in but when they explained that my 3 year old great niece has many allergies they said they could take it in. I dont know if it was because they also had a baby with them, they told them not to bother sorting it but to take it all in.

We always take drinks to the parks. The trouble with the refill cups is that my daughter (23) has never liked any fizzy drinks and I only like a little before i get fed up with them.
    Babblin Boo

Aquatica were VERY strict when we visited the park a couple of weeks ago. They were not allowing any cool boxes in.
    ellie

Gold 5 Star Member
    I'm sure it was only because of the allergies that they let them take it in so i hope not too many people suddenly "develop" allergies as it will stop the ones with genuine need being able to take them in.
    Babblin Boo