Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cooler bags & drinks

Florida Expert
    We have had a problem with Busch every time we go. We always take food as one of my daughter's is gluten free; even when we explained that they very begrudgingly let us take it in. However out of all the parks I find Busch has the least helpful attitude to customers service. If it wasn't for the fact that the rest of the family love the combination of rides and animals I wouldn't bother going.

Florida Chatterbox
    We returned on monday and we took drinks and snacks (crisps, biscuits and cereal bars) in our backpack in all the parks.
    Aquatica have signs up stating what you cant take but we were able to take our frozen water and also a huge bag of crisps in with no problem.

Florida Expert
    Last week Disney were fine with taking in Food and Drink but Universal were very strict about it and refused to let in any outside food and drink.

Universal were also very unflexible in their menu options as well.

At The International Food Place (sic near to ET Ride) where they have a sort of food court with Asian, AMerican, Italian etc dishes my wife wanted the Chicken Parmesan but doesn't like Pasta so asked to substitute Fries for Pasta. They wouldn't let her so she asked to speak to a manager to find out why not. The manager said the meals are pre programmed into the till so even if she did substitute Fries for Pasta we would get charged for a side order of fries as well as paying the full price for the Chicken Parmesan with Pasta.

We take a bag in (Not Cooler) to the parks everytime we go. Bits of snaks but more importantly Frozen Bottle Water we kept in the freezing the night before, never had any problems.

The heat melts the water during the day but nice refreshing cold water to drink.

Hi
    We were in Aquatica last week and a family in front of us in the bag line had to take all their snacks etc back to the car, they were really upset but the bag checker wouldn't budge. We just took in frozen bottles of water in a rucksack which was fine and ate ice creams while we were there. At Seaworld, Busch Gardens and Universal we took in the said frozen bottles of water, apples and crisps in the rucksack with no problems. We did find though that we went back to the villa with the apples and crisps because it was so hot all we wanted to eat was ice creams.
    Wendy

Florida Expert
    Maybe they are getting stricter as their income from guests is dropping due to lower numbers.
    Obviously they want us to buy their food and that will only happen when you can't take anything in with you. Usually fruit, crisps and water are fine.

Florida Newbie
    [drinkbeer]

Never had a problem at either Disney or Busch. Take drink bottles, and cordial to dilute from their water fountains. We also take crisps and biscuits. We still end up buying their ice creams, and drink and crisps/cookies. If they were more strict, I think the reaction may well be to buy less, or drink more water.

[drinkpepsi]

[cheers]

Florida Savvy
    We always take frozen water bottles and a few snacks in a backpack- never had a problem.

Florida Chatterbox
    In Jan, we took food and drinks to all Disney parks, IoA and Universal (in a small cooler ruck sack with ice block). There were no issues during bag searches. Last year, at Aquatica, I was worried by the warning signs that no food or drink was allowed in the park but there were no issues at the bag search. Nor should there be - some of these parks have poor food choices compared to their restaurant and fast-food counterparts in the surrounding areas. I don't object to paying a park premium just as long as the food is good - but a turkey leg or something-and-fries does not always appeal, and on most occasions we don't want to spend the time for a full sit-down menu. It really is their loss as well because many people load up on food before they arrive.

If it is true that some parks are getting stricter about this, I'll be opting for the less-strict parks (especially with Aquatica as Blizzard Beach/Typhoon lagoon are perfect alternatives).

Florida Expert
    I don't think parks have a problem with water bottles and the odd small snack but you can understand they want you to buy their food.The water bottles are then useful to refill from the water fountains. Also its a real pain to keep carrying the stuff around with you espeically if you want to go on the rides.

We used to go back out of the parks for either lunch or dinner to have a break away from the sun and a proper sit down. Then we could go back refreshed for the rest of the day.