Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Orlando June 2009: Part 10 - The final countdown

Florida Newbie
    Hi Dave,

Only just read all your trip reports which were so good I got the children to read them as well.

We go for our first ever time to Disney USA on 2nd-16th Jan 10. We have booked a Villa and now the big count down has started Your reports have inspired us all and the anticipation has got worse!

Thank you and we will let you know in due course how we got on[msnsmile]

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Just read this last installment, what a great trip report, need to go and find the earlier ones now, trust me to do things backwards[msnembarrased]

Just finished reading all your trip reports, what a fantastic read, just counting down the days now till I can go again.
    Lyn

Florida Junior
    It's been a little while since I was on here, work has been extremely busy and stressful over the last few months.

My holiday is now nothing but a distant memory and a bunch of photos and a bit of memorabilia. Seeing Jack with his cuddly Mickey Mouse or Ben wearing his Minnesota Vikings top, or me wearing my Duff cap brings a smile to my face and helps me remember what a great time we had.

I've just actually re-read my trip reports and without wanting to sound big-headed, they're not a bad read are they? I almost felt as if I was reading something that someone else had written. So glad I did them though as there were so many things that I was already starting to forget about.

I can't believe how quick this year has went and that we're almost at Christmas again! I know what I'd like Santa to bring me this year but doubt very much it will happen. I can only imagine how nice the weather is over there at the moment compared to here - especially with all the rain we've had lately.

We're currently saving like mad to put in replacment windows but it's sooooooo tempting just just blow it all on another holiday to Orlando.

Thank you all for the nice comments. Have a great Christmas everyone.

Dave

Florida Chatterbox
    Dave,

Only just discovered these reports and they are gems. I'm a bit of an old stager and seasoned visitor to Florida but I've thouroughly enjoyed reading them. They brought back memories of my first visit to Florida when my daughter was 7, she is 24 now and has been over with us ealier this month. We fell in love with the place like many on here, bought a house (12 years ago)and although we have just got back I cannot wait until we go back next May - Daughter coming again and boyfriend coming with us in November 2010.

Hope you get your windows and get back over to Florida as soon as you can.

Thanks again for a wonderful read.

Ian

Florida Savvy
    Hi Dave,

Just read your reports and they were absolutely fabulous...i loved reading every bit!

Im off to Orlando at Easter cannot wait.....bring on the sunshine (not so much the storms tho lol )
    Sarah

Florida Junior
    Wow.... err... hello again...

It's been a little while hasn't it?!

Last travelled to Orlando in June 2009 and did some generally well receieved trip reports here, lots happened since then but I've not been back as I would have hoped to by now. I actually couldn't see us getting back out to my favourite place anytime in the near future!

However...... a year which started with some bad luck, has thrown up a bit of good luck and, as a result, we are booked up to go again this August. Funny how life works isn't it?

Anyways, I'll be loitering round these forums for the next few months and may well sharpen my virtual pencil and do some more trip reports on our return.

Oh... and what happened to the trip reports? I was browsing through my old reports and they all seem to have been chopped almost by half :s
    Last edited by davealsop; 29-04-2012 at 22:29.

I see what you mean Dave, I have just had a look at your reports and they seem to end mid sente..........[msnwink]
    Wendy

Florida Junior
    Just read through your reports Dave, haven't seen them before. I must say they are really good. Have you asked why they have been chopped. I for one would like to read the entire reports. Cheers for that.

Hi Dave, A few months ago the Forum changed quite dramatically, Certainly to different software, possibly to a different server, although I'm only guessing.

All the URLs changed at this time, so when I pointed friends to my trip reports from 2010 they were getting zilch, so I went looking for the reports myself to copy the new URLs. In each case the reports were truncated, as you have discovered too. However, being a bit of an anorak I had written out my trip reports on MS Word then copied and pasted onto the forum, so I still had my original words of little value and was able to edit the posts and get them back to full content. I doubt anyone out there noticed!

Anyhow, I'm pleased to hear that you're going back in August, and I hope we'll get some more trip reports from you then.
    Cheers.
    Dave.