Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Disney Resort Dining....and WHAT parks on what day

Florida Newbie

Disney Resort Dining....and WHAT parks on what day

I guess you do not have to have Disney passes to enjoy dining at a resort? Which Resort has the best food?

We are staying at one of the villa's from the rentals of this forum. We will be in Orlando during the busy after Christmas week.

We are trying to decide what days to do what parks....
    One day for SeaWorld
    One day for Universal
    One day at Epcot
    One day at Busch Gardens
    and then one day at whatever park we like the best... we have unlimited days at SeaWorld / Universal and Busch Gardens...

Can anyone help with any of this? THANKS
    Lorlei & Norman

All depends on which places you have access to, the good ones are Citricoes, Jiko, artist point, California Grill. If you have the buffet access then they all pretty much the same.
    I would visit the parks on any week day.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by NormLorlei
    I guess you do not have to have Disney passes to enjoy dining at a resort? Which Resort has the best food?

We are staying at one of the villa's from the rentals of this forum. We will be in Orlando during the busy after Christmas week.

We are trying to decide what days to do what parks....
    One day for SeaWorld
    One day for Universal
    One day at Epcot
    One day at Busch Gardens
    and then one day at whatever park we like the best... we have unlimited days at SeaWorld / Universal and Busch Gardens...

Can anyone help with any of this? THANKS
    [/quote]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Martin
    I'm not sure but I don't think it's the dining passes the Guest is talking about but which hotel restaurants are good? IAs it's just after Christmas you'll be able to see all the decorations at the hotels if you want.
    I guess it really depends on what sort of amount you want to spend per person and if you want casual or formal? Might help narrow it down somewhat.
    I think if you search the Disney website you can get some sample menus from the dining places to give you an idea,
    Babblin Boo

You are correct, I had not read the post properly[msnembarrased]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
    Martin
    I'm not sure but I don't think it's the dining passes the Guest is talking about but which hotel restaurants are good? IAs it's just after Christmas you'll be able to see all the decorations at the hotels if you want.
    I guess it really depends on what sort of amount you want to spend per person and if you want casual or formal? Might help narrow it down somewhat.
    I think if you search the Disney website you can get some sample menus from the dining places to give you an idea,
    [/quote]

Florida Newbie
    But to get into a Disney Resort Resteraunt ex... Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge... I can drive there in my car? and do not have to pay a fee to get into the Disney park correct? or not?

We tend to stay away from buffet's... we like a med price sit down dinner... it will be 4 adults ...

I have made a dinner reservation for Tchoup Chop for one special night during our trip...

I would like to know if it is advisory to go to Epcot on New Years Eve? We hear the crowds are so huge... we don't want it to be too unbearable. So trying to decide whether to go to Epcot Thursday 12-31-09 or maybe the Monday 12-28-09 hopefully being slower.... ???

THANKS FOR ADVICE ABOVE... trying to clear some items up... to get proper advice!
    Lorlei & Norman

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    To eat at any Disney Theme Park you must have a Park Entry Ticket as well.

To eat at any Disney Hotel Restaurant you dont need any tickets & can use the car park.

Make sure you book before you go (you can now do that on line) as busy times book up early.

If you walk up you will probably get seated but not straight away. Depending upon what time of day it is.
    mike

Florida Newbie
    Freddie... THANKS

I appreciate that... I am planning on reservations.. however, they tell me they have changed to only 90 days in advance... I guess it used to be 180? IDK... but I have my calendar marked for the 90 day out... I guess as of now... we are planning for Epcot on New Years Eve... and planning on Toyko dining for lunch and Rose Crown for dinner... I am disabled and I am sure we will be ready for the sit downs for meals... I wouldn't normally do to sit downs as of cost... however I will be needing a break, I am sure...

We are thinking of the Aloha dinner for another evening at a resort..so good to know... we don't need park tickets for that... I wasn't sure if that was exclusive to Disney resort guests...

I really do appreciate all of your help! If anyone has any tips.. ideas... send them my way.. THANKS
    Lorlei & Norman