Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: help with sat nav

Florida Junior

help with sat nav

Ihave tom tom one uk europe,before we left for last vist to florida i bought a north america map,when used only told me where i was and nothing else anyone any advice as to what was wrong

Have you chosen the USA map as the map to use under prefences?

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by shona
    Ihave tom tom one uk europe,before we left for last vist to florida i bought a north america map,when used only told me where i was and nothing else anyone any advice as to what was wrong

[/quote]

You mean it didn't give you any routing? Or you couldn't select a destination? Could you browse the USA map? Did you load it onto an SD card on internally to the unit? Did you verify it loaded OK?

The latest application for TT units will detect if you are in a location not covered by the currently active map, and ask if you want to switch to the correct map (assuming it's available on your unit). So if you switched to the correct map (either automatically or manually) you should be OK.

Was the screen in black and white (indicating no sat lock) or colour (indicating sat lock)?
    Keith