Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Alamo Do You Get to Pick Which Mid Size SUV

Florida Newbie

Alamo Do You Get to Pick Which Mid Size SUV

hi

with Alamo do you get to pick what mid size suv vehicle i have read somewhere this only applies to cars with alamo

thanks

Florida Junior
    I've asked this also and some people say you can go to the section of cars that you have hired and pick one, others say they bring it round for you. I think it also depends on the airport. We arrive at orlando international and have hired a 7 seater from alamo and hope to pick our own!!![msnsmile2]

Florida Chatterbox
    We just hired a mid size 4 x 4 from Alamo and we were lucky as there were about 7 left in the stand and only one decent one! We got a good Toyota Rav and the alternates were all tiny Kias.
    Andy

Gold 5 Star Member
    You do usually get to choose but of course that depends on what is available at the time. The choice will also vary dependent upon the rental location.

Florida Expert
    We have rented mid size SUVs (via Alamo & Thrifty) for our last few trips. As previously said, with Alamo you do normally get to pick but depends on stocks at the time you arrive. (MCO may have more choice - Sanford often doesn't).

Last couple of times at Sanford we have had a two Toyota Highlanders (standard size upgrade as they didn't have ANY midsize) and a Nissan Rogue (like a smaller Murano....nice!) We had a choice of the Rogues or a Toyota Rav4).

We have also tried a Jeep Patriot via Thrifty but(in common with Dollar) didn't get a choice of vehicles. Thrifty also had Ford Edges but didn't have any in stock at the time.

[msnsmile]
    Kevin

Florida Savvy
    mco dont have that many mid 4x4 ,they sometimes push you to upgrade when they know there arent any left.
    i resisted then got a free upgrade in the garage kiosk to a murano.
    they often try to upgrade you for any reason there was only 3 of us so wasnt worth it
    bushbaby