Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LATE DEPARTURE

Florida Chatterbox

LATE DEPARTURE

WE HAVE RENTED A FLORIDA VILLA FOR OUR HOLIDAY. OUR FLIGHT HOME IS AT 6PM AT NIGHT AND WE HAVE TO BE OUT OF OUR VILLA BY 10AM. AS THERE ARE NO GUESTS GOING IN THE DAY WE LEAVE WE HAD ASKED THE OWNER IF WE COULD STAY UNTIL 1PM THAT SAME DAY, SO THAT WE DIDNT HAVE TOO MUCH TIME TO WASTE. THE OWNERS SAID YES BUT WITH A CHARGE![msnembarrased][msnoo][msncry] WE HAVE RENTED 5 TIMES BEFORE WITH OTHER VILLA OWNERS AND HAVE DONE THE SAME ARRANGEMENT, BUT NEVER CHARGED!! CAN I ASK ALL YOU VILLA OWNERS YOUR OPINION?
    THANKS
    SHONA

It depends on the owner's Management Company (MC) they sometimes are back to back and believe me they need 10 .00 am to 4.00pm with some renters not all guests do things and it sometimes not just a clean it may need maintainance work as well so they nevr know .
    Our mc is very flexible so we are lucky as we had someone had a delayed flight going back up states and found out the moring they were going as they rung the airport so they stayed in until 1.00 pm as no one was going in that day .She did not charge our other management company charge $25 each 1/4 of an hour .
    So there may be a reason
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    This is very dependant on individual villa owners and their MC's. If I can accommodate a late check out I will, but probably wouldn't if it was on a short booking i.e. less than 5 days. I feel that the guests are more likely to rebook if villa owners can help them, however their cleaners may not be able to work with a late check out, or may charge extra as the clean will need to be done into the evening.

Some airlines will let you book your bags in early, and some have off airport drop offs. I find seaworld a good park to go to if you need to occupy yourselves during the day.
    Christine

Gold 5 Star Member
    It's exactly the same scenarion as with hotels, you will find that some will not even consider a late checkout , some will but with a charge and some with no extra charge.

Even if there are no guests coming in that day, the cleaners schedules may be such that they are booked to do that clean then another later or already booked for the next day so the only way to complete the job done in a shortened is to get another person involved, who obviously is entitled to be paid. Or for example if the cleaners would normally take from 10-4 to do the job then if they can't start till 1 that means they wont finish till 7.

Somebody obviously still has to make a trip into the villa on your departure even if the cleaners are rescheduled for the next day to make sure for example that there is no food out that could attract pests, or that youu havent left the tap running or that it is all locked up and secure, again this incurs extra time, so it isn't unreasonable to have to pay a supplement for over and above what is normally included in your rental money.

If you decide that you dont ant to pay the extra charge, waterparks are another good way to spend the day, if youu get most of your packing done the night before and then checkout at 10 going to a waterpark and having a meal before you leave for the airport is often a good way to make sure you get a good nights sleep on the plane.

Babblin Boo

Super Moderator
    We always try and accommodate our guests and allow a late check without charge out depending on circumstances. Obviously if we have a back to back booking we cannot accept a late check out as it is not fair on the cleaners or our incoming guests as they will quite rightly expect to be able to gain access to our home on arrival and expect to find it clean and tidy.

Florida Savvy
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by donny
    WE HAVE RENTED A FLORIDA VILLA FOR OUR HOLIDAY. OUR FLIGHT HOME IS AT 6PM AT NIGHT AND WE HAVE TO BE OUT OF OUR VILLA BY 10AM. AS THERE ARE NO GUESTS GOING IN THE DAY WE LEAVE WE HAD ASKED THE OWNER IF WE COULD STAY UNTIL 1PM THAT SAME DAY, SO THAT WE DIDNT HAVE TOO MUCH TIME TO WASTE. THE OWNERS SAID YES BUT WITH A CHARGE![msnembarrased][msnoo][msncry] WE HAVE RENTED 5 TIMES BEFORE WITH OTHER VILLA OWNERS AND HAVE DONE THE SAME ARRANGEMENT, BUT NEVER CHARGED!! CAN I ASK ALL YOU VILLA OWNERS YOUR OPINION?
    THANKS
    SHONA[/quote]Why look upon this as time to waste???

Our last flight back too was around the same time (as many of them back to the UK are)

Last couple of times we've left the villa (hotel previous times) at around 10 and hit Down Town Disney, all the gifts we wanted to bring home for family and we picked out whilst in the parks were then bought on the last day.

A nice sandwich lunch in the Earl of Sandwich... sorted.

As we flew Virgin we could check our luggage in there too, really convenient.

PS why have you got your post in caps??? generally regarded that you are shouting!!

Florida Chatterbox
    oops, really sorry, had no idea about the caps[msnembarrased][msnembarrased][msnembarrased]no way was i shouting, just asking!!! thanks for the replies a good few suggestions for our last day.

Whether I charge or not would depend upon the cleaners schedule. Even though it might not be a back to back booking with me the cleaners may have to do the cleaning on the day the guests depart, thereby working into the evening, because they are committed to other homes for the next day or two. If the cleaners have to work late there is probably an additional charge for overtime. If you leave at 1pm they would not finish in our home until at least 7pm.
    Jill and Brian

Florida Savvy
    If it is winter and the pool is being heated a charge would be more than appropriate. But if I don't have a check in that day or next, I allow it. I will even allow a short overstay like you said of 1pm if it was OK with my cleaners.

I would charge if it was to be planned in advance as I can't take a booking from that day. Any last minute requests are made direct to our management who know the cleaners schedule and whether it will be possible. If it meant another cleaner to help clean due to timing, then there would be a charge
    Shirley