Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Advice on Where to Visit

Florida Junior

Advice on Where to Visit

Hi

We are thinking of returning to Florida next Easter for three weeks, but much as we love Orlando would like to see a bit more of Florida this trip.

Please can anyone advise where we should visit and any good places to stay, would prefer apartment type accommodation or good hotel as a villa would be too big for the two of us. We would probably spend the first three or four days in Orlando and finish there again with three or four days but would like to spend a few days in each place we visit.

Being a novice at this any help and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Hazel

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    St Augustine north west is an old style town with a spanish colonial feel to it-we stayed in a "guesthouse"-nothing like the UK-we stayed for 3 days-loved it.
    we then went down the east coast and stayed a night in fort lauderdale-great beach and great city -we should have stayed longer-then we went across alligator alley to Naples-stayed a week-very very nice-beautiful beaches,accommodation, restaurants and shopping-then returned to orlando-had a ball-let me know if you want more detail

Florida Junior
    Hi thanks for the reply, we visited St Augustine a number of years ago and thought it very nice. I have been looking at the cost of staying in some of the hotel groups which we know off here and have found some of them rather expensive.

Can you let me know what you mean by guest house being different from here in the UK? and how would I find them.

Thanks
    Hazel

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    the one we stayed in had a reception area in a large house -our room was in one of a number of separate two storey houses-we had a verandah with rocking chair, a 4 poster bed,a whirlpool spa and a very large walk in shower. every day at 4pm the owners invited us into the main house dining room and gave us complimentary home made cakes,budweiser,fruit juice and wine. it was a very relaxed atmosphere and we met and chatted to the other guests - very interesting.
    The choice on the breakfast was limited and not what i would normally eat-french toast, fruit,coffee,cheese-more of a top notch continental -not an egg or a rasher of bacon in sight. they have a website where you can choose your room- i won't be allowed to post the link but if you fancy it dm me.

Florida Savvy
    I would suggest the gulf coast, and a condo on the beach or at least walkable to. Some would require a min week stay, but some will allow a 4 night visit.

I like Siesta Cay and Anna Maria Island.

But the above post about St Augutine sounds interesting.