Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting to the parks early

Florida Savvy

Getting to the parks early

Just out of interest does anyone know which order the car parks are filled up in Disney and Universal?

I know people arrive by buses etc but I am curious to know which car parks are filled in what order.

I have looked on the internet for a map of the car parks, but can't seem to find any. [msneek] Perhaps I am going into too much detail (is that possible?)

It doesn't really matter, I know to the planning of our day, but I would just really like to know how well we have done getting to the park!

Debbie

No particular order, Animal kingdom has the smallest lot so fills up fairly quickly/<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by debbie
    Just out of interest does anyone know which order the car parks are filled up in Disney and Universal?

I know people arrive by buses etc but I am curious to know which car parks are filled in what order.

Debbie[/quote]

Florida Savvy
    No particular order, Animal kingdom has the smallest lot so fills up fairly quickly/

What about Magic Kingdom and Universal parks?

Debbie

They all fill up at the same rate. We used to turn up quite often around midday and never had trouble getting in, except for xmas and sometimes easter.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by debbie
    No particular order, Animal kingdom has the smallest lot so fills up fairly quickly/

What about Magic Kingdom and Universal parks?

Debbie
    [/quote]

Debbie, in our experience the parking lots nearest to the park itself get filled up first. So if you can walk into the park. and don't need to go on the little train, and you can see the park close by then you must have got there pretty early! [msnwink]

Of course this doesn't include Magic Kingdom as you have a boat or monorail ride AFTER you park! [
    ellie

Florida Expert
    At Busch we were about 3 or 4 in the queue of cars (because I think other people had got the opening times wrong like we had[msnembarrased]) Well worth because we were right next to the disabled/priority parking and a couple of minutes walk from the entrance

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    I don't know whether it's just me but I never worry about things like this-the in park transportation is so efficient I don't care where i park![msnsmile2]

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Albert the Frog
    I don't know whether it's just me but I never worry about things like this-the in park transportation is so efficient I don't care where i park![msnsmile2]
    [/quote]
    Don't bother normally but was nice with Busch as it is a long day and just meant we were back at our car when everyone else was still waiting for a bus. Quite often we just walk because we get there for rope drop we are fairly close anyway. When we have taken transport it stops and starts so much to pick up/ drop off really close to entrance it is just quicker to walk.

Florida Expert
    We tend to go later and stay later. I know some of our guests go early. I think it depends if you're a morning person or a late person! I even know of people who go early, leave the park for trip back to the villa for a swim and then go back again at night. As there is such a long opening time and a variety of peoples preferences it tends to even itself out.
    Dawn

We never both about which carpark but which ride we want to go on first. We always go early to get a fass pass for our favourite ride then sometime we return to the villa have a swim and something to eat then return for the evenings entertainment.

Depends on what you want to do with your day.

Val